View Poll Results: Who is our next superstar?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jesse White

28 26.67%
  • Dan Hannebery

27 25.71%
  • Craig Bird

7 6.67%
  • Keiran Jack

18 17.14%
  • Patrick Veszpremi

15 14.29%
  • Nick Smith

6 5.71%
  • Jarred Moore

0 0%
  • Gary Rohan (cheeky prediction on my part)

1 0.95%
  • Meredith (by popular demand)

3 2.86%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is our brightest young star?

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    no one liking o'dwyer?
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    no one liking o'dwyer?
    Don't think most of us have seen enough of him to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    no one liking o'dwyer?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Don't think most of us have seen enough of him to tell.
    I've seen enough of him to know he's not our brightest star.

Don't get me wrong, he's a fave of mine and there's a lot to like about him. He's quick, a reasonable mark and although he plays outside, it's more a case of using his attributes rather than an unwillingness to get his hands dirty, he's certainly not scared. Biggest problem is his disposal and although he made no standout clangers in his time in the seniors towards the end of the year (prompting the Melb contingent to wonder why EVERY regular ressie watcher bagged his kicking ), you better believe he needs plenty of work in that area.

That all said, he's a fair way behind the likes of Hanners, Vespa and Jesse when it comes to predict who will be our brightest star.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

If McGlynn is given the chief tagging duties in the team and thus releasing K.Jack to play as an atacking midfielder, get ready for an outstanding year by the young man. Also am looking forward to seeing Meredith too.

Hot damn I'm excited for next year. So much to look forward to and to see who can make the step from promising youngster to accomplished peformer.

I'm mainly a Vespa fan, he just makes me love watching the footy.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I know he doesn't rate a place in the elite youngies yet and is very frustrating to watch sometimes, but I am giving him two more years. Maybe poise and self-confidence is a character attribute but if it can be gained then Ed B. could become a game breaker, a la Adam Goodes!!

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Craig Bird for me.

Maybe not this season, but come 2011 or 2012, he will be a gun. Lacks some power in his legs at the moment and needs a bit more confidence with his decision making, but when he gets that, he will be a superstar.

Has showed to me that he has great poise and a very good handball in traffic. To me, he has some similar attributes to Greg Williams at the same age.
    What he said!
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Dan the Man or Brett Meridith.

Daniels a gun , alot like Luke Power he will be a 200 gamer.

Brett Meridith could be anything I rekon. His kicking and usage of the footy, getting to the right spots before being injured was 1st Class.

Vespa , while hes the package , really has to step it up and get fit and build his tank. Hope he makes it. really do
    Est 1874
    SMFC

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Craig Bird for me.

Maybe not this season, but come 2011 or 2012, he will be a gun. Lacks some power in his legs at the moment and needs a bit more confidence with his decision making, but when he gets that, he will be a superstar.

Has showed to me that he has great poise and a very good handball in traffic. To me, he has some similar attributes to Greg Williams at the same age.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    What he said!
    Same Same
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Heh - nice work putting Gary Rohan in there - here's hoping! Having said that I voted for Jesse. Our forward line has potential, we just need Bradshaw to come on board, stay fit for two seasons and pass on his experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Hard to pick, but in terms of what they have actually done so far, not what they might do in the future . . .
    Surely, on that basis it would be 1. Jack, 2. Bird, and daylight to the rest.

Jack and Bird are the only automatic selections . . . the rest are still wannabes.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by chammond View Post
    Surely, on that basis it would be 1. Jack, 2. Bird, and daylight to the rest.

Jack and Bird are the only automatic selections . . . the rest are still wannabes.
    I take your point, but I wasn't thinking of Jack as like the other youngsters: he's arrived. And as for Bird, see my sig.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast