View Poll Results: Who is our next superstar?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jesse White

28 26.67%
  • Dan Hannebery

27 25.71%
  • Craig Bird

7 6.67%
  • Keiran Jack

18 17.14%
  • Patrick Veszpremi

15 14.29%
  • Nick Smith

6 5.71%
  • Jarred Moore

0 0%
  • Gary Rohan (cheeky prediction on my part)

1 0.95%
  • Meredith (by popular demand)

3 2.86%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is our brightest young star?

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    I know he doesn't rate a place in the elite youngies yet and is very frustrating to watch sometimes, but I am giving him two more years. Maybe poise and self-confidence is a character attribute but if it can be gained then Ed B. could become a game breaker, a la Adam Goodes!!
    I still hold out hope for Barlow. (Sorry I didn't put him in the poll, i forgot) But, i think he's going to turn out to be a Dempster type, solid, tall, quick, but eventually get traded for nothing. I so so hope im wrong and Barlow becomes the star he has the potential to be.

Quote Originally Posted by staple View Post
    I still hold out hope for Barlow. (Sorry I didn't put him in the poll, i forgot) But, i think he's going to turn out to be a Dempster type, solid, tall, quick, but eventually get traded for nothing. I so so hope im wrong and Barlow becomes the star he has the potential to be.
    Exactly the problem with Ed. He doesn't do enough to be memorable. I am hoping like hell that he breaks out of his complacancy and does something! Its all there, its just not used, and that is no use to us.

Come on Ed, even the Poll forgot you!!! DO something creative and effective, and make us proud.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

primmy fyi...........the flashy can end up no 100 out of the players that have the greatest effect on a game and the boring and not so memorable can rank no.1

gladwell dot com - Game Theory
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 29th October 2009 at 03:40 PM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by staple View Post
    geese Staple that almost sounds like Craig Bolton !!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    primmy fyi...........the flashy can end up no 100 out of the players that have the greatest effect on a game and the boring and not so memorable can rank no.1

gladwell dot com - Game Theory
    I suggest you actually sit down and make a study of the time spent on the ground with Ed and reevaluate your hero worship at this stage. He actually rarely gets to the contest. He hasn't yet learned how to block. He is still a work in progress.....and its a slow slow progress.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

thanks primmy will do......... do you have a link ?

do you mean that his stats, for his position, minutes on the field and his role......that he is that far behind his competitors in the above poll ???..........

great article though isnt it showing that what commentators say and what we see when watching can be so far off the truth of who has the biggest impact in a game or a team or a season !!!

We become dance critics, blind to Iverson's dismal shooting percentage and his excessive turnovers, blind to the reality that the Philadelphia 76ers would be better off without him. "One can play basketball," the authors conclude. "One can watch basketball. One can both play and watch basketball for a thousand years. If you do not systematically track what the players do, and then uncover the statistical relationship between these actions and wins, you will never know why teams win and why they lose."

YouTube - NBA Vault: Allen Iverson Rookie Year Highlights
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 29th October 2009 at 04:53 PM.

Regular in the Side
    i voted for KJ on i think he will become the next in the of Paul Kelly type.
    not the most skilled, but most valuable in his commitment, attack on the ball etc..

I wouldn't be surprised if he is allowed to be an attacking midfielder that he will poll alot of Brownlow votes akin to Kell's

Nick Smith has got my vote improved heaps late in the season. If he continues to improve at the same rate next season he will be special. Likely captain in a couple of years. Very happy with the potential of Hanna Berry, White, MOD, Vesp, Jack & Bird.

Veszpremi is well iked by many RWO'ers.

However, being in Melbourne, I've only seen him play a few times on TV and from what I have seen he hasn't set the world on fire.

For all I know he may be a gun, but I haven't seen it.

If there is someone out their who has seen his reserves games live, do you agree that he is as good as he is wrapped up to be?

I hope he is.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Veszpremi is well iked by many RWO'ers.

However, being in Melbourne, I've only seen him play a few times on TV and from what I have seen he hasn't set the world on fire.

For all I know he may be a gun, but I haven't seen it.

If there is someone out their who has seen his reserves games live, do you agree that he is as good as he is wrapped up to be?

I hope he is.

I am an unabashed fan, and have been ever since I first saw him play - on Bus Loop Oval in March last year. He hasn't dominated reserves games to the extent someone like Malceski did when he was an up-and-comer. But he plays with a panache, a pizzazz, an audaciousness that you don't see that often.

I think he gave us one senior glimpse of what he is capable of, in an otherwise wretched 2009. Sadly it was in a game that few have probably kept a tape of because I think it was the second Carlton game, where the team gave up in the final quarter. But if you do have a copy, just watch his 3rd quarter. He didn't get a heap of touches but most of what he did was quick of mind and deadly of foot.

His issue is - and maybe always will be - his stamina. Whether he ever gets fit enough to make the most of his talents has to be a big question mark at the moment - just one of several similarities with Davis.

Agreed Liz. One of the delights in watching Ves is his high energy and self belief. But he does burn out quickly. I am willing him on; his is a big personality, one of the bright sparks in the club. So, we wait and see.

Iverson was incredible in his rookie year........absolutely amazing !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast