View Poll Results: Who is our next superstar?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jesse White

28 26.67%
  • Dan Hannebery

27 25.71%
  • Craig Bird

7 6.67%
  • Keiran Jack

18 17.14%
  • Patrick Veszpremi

15 14.29%
  • Nick Smith

6 5.71%
  • Jarred Moore

0 0%
  • Gary Rohan (cheeky prediction on my part)

1 0.95%
  • Meredith (by popular demand)

3 2.86%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is our brightest young star?

Who is our brightest young star?

Who will rise to be our next superstar? Much like the squad of 2003, we have a young budding list, but who will be our next Goodes?

Blog Entries
    A toss up between White and Hannebery, but ATM I gave it to White.

Veteran Site Admin
    Player I am most confident will become a very good player, in time, is Hannebery. White could easily become the most important young player we have, given his raw potential and his position, but he has a long way to go to prove he can be a regular 60+ goal kicker.

The one I feel most confident can be an absolute game breaker IF he gets himself fit enough is Vez. So he got my vote. His vision, and the penetration and "hurt factor" on his kicking can be breathtaking at times, even if he is also often over ambitious with his kicking.

I voted for White, but I think Nick Smith has great potential for us.

Living in 2005
    Vez can make himself a superstar in the next year or so if he works hard enough. He has a fantastic skill level and self belief, he just needs to work hard and contain his over confidence at times.

Hannebury is probably our current 'young star' and of course White seems to be the great 'white' hope and will be very important if he develops as we want him to, but I don't think either are our "brightest young star".

I'll go with Vez, I would go as far to predict he will be a superstar of the game actually.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Jack for me. Based on being the next, not the biggest.

Gun.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

I have just had a schreeeking moment with Cheer Squads new Avatar. Brilliant.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

My respect for Dannerbry and White is enormous, as well as for Jack and Ves. But I would like to predict Nic Smiff as being possibly one of those Craig Bolton types, just there week in and week out, and doing a fine job that you end up taking for granted because you can trust him to do it. Not flash, but totally dependable and ultimately a highly respected member of the team. I like that sort of player.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I voted for KJ, he has impressed me with his improvement every year from the rookielist to run-with player to now damaging midfielder. I believe with his work ethic he could turn out to be a top-line goalkicking midfielder

we all have a weakness of finding a player that we think could go to another level and rarely the do..........mine is Ed Barlow....

Ed Barlow at 22 I still rate as a very handy player for us......as he will become very flexible for match ups.....none of the above listed will be super stars but as we have seen with kirk there are late bloomers.........Barlow could be damaging from the half back or back line with a strong long kick, height and decent speed for a tall fella !

Neil Maxwell in the future > maybe not ?

but guys 196cm tall dont come often with speed and a solid kick on the run and he has got enough........the only prob he has is that he hangs on to the ball a little long and then runs out of a great option for the kick........which goes a little off target.......but that is minor in a team that only came 12th in 2009 and our forward line struggled on ageing legs !

in 2010 he will have White, Bradshaw and Goodes floating around the forward line.........and a few jack rabbits !

PS - Cheer squad you are a good sport !........nice avatar
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I don't often do this. Have a hissy fit at another R&Wers post.

Ed Barlow!!!!! Has proven himself to sometimes play ok. When he remembers. Blows hot and cold. He is not in the above list as the next big thing for a very good reason. He doesn't yet warrant consideration.

im just proud and tragic !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast