Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Auburn???

Auburn???

Still no word on the re-formed Auburn club....
    Website?
    Coaches?
    Any signings?

Rafters, what colours/design did they wear in the previous years? Weren't they Redlegs?

aka Mr Taxman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Still no word on the re-formed Auburn club....
    Website?
    Coaches?
    Any signings?

Rafters, what colours/design did they wear in the previous years? Weren't they Redlegs?
    Just before xmas I was asked to be involved with them in an offical capacity by the family of 10 that lives across the road & used to play at Redlegs as well as other western Sydney clubs for the past few decades. Unfortunately I had to decline but will be a keen follower & potential player of a few games. Expect the coach to come from one of the 10. Other signings I expect will come from the Auburn community.

I wouldn't expect anything too fancy as they are only entering in at 4th or 5th grade - would be extremely doubtful to see a website for you to stalk every second day!

I understand the club will be the Auburn Tigers. I expect they will play at Mona Park although Auburn Cricket Ground would be a great venue.
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations

Can you see the likes of Medair, Eid and Salem to play for them?? Would imagine they get paid a decent quid at Wests.
    They'll be hard to beat in Div 4 if they can get half of the family..

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
    Just before xmas I was asked to be involved with them in an offical capacity by the family of 10 that lives across the road & used to play at Redlegs as well as other western Sydney clubs for the past few decades. Unfortunately I had to decline but will be a keen follower & potential player of a few games. Expect the coach to come from one of the 10. Other signings I expect will come from the Auburn community.

I wouldn't expect anything too fancy as they are only entering in at 4th or 5th grade - would be extremely doubtful to see a website for you to stalk every second day!

I understand the club will be the Auburn Tigers. I expect they will play at Mona Park although Auburn Cricket Ground would be a great venue.

My mail is the will be playing on the no1 oval - small but great looking venue - plenty of exposure from the the two roads along side of it.

Can you see the likes of Medair, Eid and Salem to play for them?? Would imagine they get paid a decent quid at Wests.
    They'll be hard to beat in Div 4 if they can get half of the family..
    They'll all be there and id say Salem would be coaching. I dont think he played much this year but i know Eid and Medair wernt on big bucks at Wests they arent that way inclined from my dealings with them
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Money certainly wouldn't be their motivation, good bunch of blokes. They'll love the lack of officialdom in Div 4 too! But, good for the game, getting all the boys back in the same team, think 2003 was the last time they got close to beibng on the same paddock, was about 5 of them playing magoos against us one day.
    And yes, well put Rafters, I do stalk different websites, this one included!

They'll love the lack of officialdom in Div 4 too! But, good for the game, getting all the boys back in the same team.
    Agree with the first statement but the second one is a bit dubious......

aka Mr Taxman
    Knowing the family as well as I do I reckon they wouldn't care less if they didn't get paid a cent ... they just love playing footy.

And the opportunity for all 10 of them to play together in one side .. plus their cousins (Chicka & Jimmy who I rate as the best talent of the lot but stopped playing) ... well I reckon they would pay for that chance & they wouldn't care what grade that they were in.

Remember that they were all Auburn juniors too ...

Oh Pekay I didn't answer one of your previous questions ... the redlegs wore a jumper similar to Melbourne in the 1980's with red socks obviously.
    Donations

Senior Player
    Rafters due you remember a big bloke by the name of chook who played with them in the 80's (only young back then) who was another local?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
    And the opportunity for all 10 of them to play together in one side .. plus their cousins (Chicka & Jimmy who I rate as the best talent of the lot but stopped playing) ... well I reckon they would pay for that chance & they wouldn't care what grade that they were in.
    Getting the 10 together will be the easy part, getting another 8 blokes to play with them will be the problem

This mob will last one season tops.....

aka Mr Taxman
    Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Rafters due you remember a big bloke by the name of chook who played with them in the 80's (only young back then) who was another local?
    Played against "Chook" Free when he was at Bankstown with Peter Orton.

Chris Laycock perhaps? He was in the papers for the wrong reasons in recent years ... I was the only other big bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Getting the 10 together will be the easy part, getting another 8 blokes to play with them will be the problem

This mob will last one season tops.....
    I am confident that they will get the other 8 ... remember that they are not playing for sheep stations at that level & a great entry level for people to try the game.
    Donations

GL to Div 4 teams. I predict more than a few blood noses.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast