11 20.00%

2 3.64%
  • 1 - Poor

2 3.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Rate a Season: #11 Ed Barlow

2009 Rate a Season: #11 Ed Barlow

You know you want to ....
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the Rookie List pig@fullforward's Avatar
    had some good form, then a couple of shockers, hopefully he will improve as he is a good athlete & i could see him developing into a big attacking midfielder

Broke that little bit further into the side. At times, showed some genuine confidence, flair, skill, and even courage. At others, was the same bumbling Barlow of 08. Still one of those players that could go either way. If he works on his leg power, and backs himself to win his own ball (he DOES actually put his body on the line when it's the only obvious option; he just seems to second guess himself sometimes and stand around deciding what to do), he'll be a good player yet.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Needs to grow some balls.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Senior Player
    5 - thought he improved this year, but he really needs to kick on in 2010.

Agree with prior comments that sometimes he looks really good, other times he goes missing and could go either way in 2010. I'm hoping that he's just a late developer

I would have liked to have seen him played deep as a leading forward in 2009 as I reckon he's shown enough to excel at that position, although further down the track his athleticism could be used upfield

He had "3" games, he had "6" games. I am kind of demanding consistencey of at least "6", with the odd "8". There are not many on the list who have been labeled soft by the mob, and unfortunately Ed has been. I don't want him to be. He is obviously quite a popular bloke, and having spoken to him he has a very laid back demenour (sic) a la Dale Lewis, and a wickedly dry sense of humour, but that is of no use on the playing field. We have seen glimpses though, so am hoping we get a better view this coming year.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

definitely a 10
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Not a fan at all.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dis-a-bloody-pointing!
    I had such high hopes that he would really go on with things this year but he seems to be a one step forward, two steps back player in terms of his development.
    I have a hope that his career will mirror that of J. McVeigh in terms taking time to grow in confidence and assert himself and I sometimes wonder what is the right role for him. He definitely gets thrown around a bit. He shows glimpses I just want more of them.
    C'MON CHEESE! Bay 27 needs a good cheesey chant.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    5. Did not really improve on 08. 2010 will be his though.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Blog Entries
    See Dale Lewis thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    See Dale Lewis thread.
    Dale Lewis was in a different class to Barlow.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast