Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Norths down, Power up

Jets up?

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I think one for one is fair, there was different circumstances with Manly & UTS going up. Will be interesting to see. I don't think a pre-season game would be any gauge to go by, no-one is at strength at that time of year. The disappointing thing from St George & Norths point of view is the performance of their 18s in 2009, and the players that will filter into their senior grades. However, if you finish last, you go down, its that simple.
    Are the Jets hoping to go up a Division despite their 2-and-out record like the Power? There are exceptions and I think you will find the Power will go up.

I believe the Jets should too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Late Mail View Post
    Are the Jets hoping to go up a Division despite their 2-and-out record like the Power? There are exceptions and I think you will find the Power will go up.

Yes we are applying to go back up to Division 2. Finals didn't come into our thought process regarding applying for promotion, we were beaten by better teams in finals, that's footy.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar

TLM, we have applied for our seniors to go up to Division 2 - we now wait and see which way the league goes.

I believe it will be:
    Div 1-2 - St George swap Mac Uni
    Div 2-3 - Campbelltown swap UNSWES, East Coast swap Nor-West
    Div 3-4 - Bye swap Sydney Uni
    Div 4-new/out - Bye swap Maroubra

That creates 10 in every grade.
    I've heard rumours about Holroyd-Parramatta dropping a team and Southern Power getting a third one. If that's the case, I think the following will also happen:

Div 3-4 - Holroyd-Parramatta swap UNSWES
    Div 4-new/out - Holroyd-Parramatta swap Southern Power

This would leave:

Premier: Balmain, Campbelltown, East Coast, North Shore, Pennant Hills, St George, Sydney University, UNSWES, Western Suburbs, Wollongong.
    Division 1: East Coast, Macquarie University, Manly-Warringah, North Shore, Pennant Hills, Sydney University, UNSWES, UTS, Western Suburbs, Wollongong.
    Division 2: Balmain, Camden, Holroyd-Parramatta, Manly-Warringah, Nor-West, Southern Power, St George, Sydney University, UNSWES, UTS.
    Division 3: Campbelltown, East Coast, Macquarie University, Moorebank, Pennant Hills, Penrith, Southern Power, Sydney University, UNSWES, UTS.
    Division 4: Auburn, Camden, Holroyd-Parramatta, Macquarie University, Manly-Warringah, Maroubra, Moorebank, Nor-West, Penrith, Southern Power, Sydney University, UNSWES, UTS.

That makes 13 in Div 4 if all rumours are true, 14 if Pekay is wrong and someone like St Ives made a comeback as well - the league would probably need a Div 5 to make it work.
    Last edited by BeeEmmAre; 14th November 2009 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Forgot HP in Div 4 and added Auburn and SU
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Yes we are applying to go back up to Division 2. Finals didn't come into our thought process regarding applying for promotion, we were beaten by better teams in finals, that's footy.
    Well done - that's progression. The Power will go up based on the same philosophy - well that's what i said earlier today based on my sources.

The Jets are real movers and shakers in Sydney AFL. Congrats PK and BMR. You guys are living proof of REAL and PASSIONATE footy.

[QUOTE=BeeEmmAre;466498]
    Premier: Balmain, Campbelltown, East Coast, North Shore, Pennant Hills, St George, Sydney University, UNSWES, Western Suburbs, Wollongong.
    Division 1: East Coast, Macquarie University, Manly-Warringah, North Shore, Pennant Hills, Sydney University, UNSWES, UTS, Western Suburbs, Wollongong.
    Division 2: Balmain, Camden, Holroyd-Parramatta, Manly-Warringah, Nor-West, Southern Power, St George, Sydney University, UNSWES, UTS.
    Division 3: Campbelltown, East Coast, Macquarie University, Moorebank, Pennant Hills, Penrith, Southern Power, Sydney University, UNSWES, UTS.
    Division 4: Camden, Macquarie University, Manly-Warringah, Maroubra, Moorebank, Nor-West, Penrith, Southern Power, UNSWES, UTS.

BMR - I am backing you in at 2to1 favourite with this line up....

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    I've also heard talk about a fifth Sydney Uni team, which would create 11 in Div 4 and a bye there.
    I had also heard talk that Auburn were re-forming, which would make 12.

Not sure how much truth there is to that though.

Senior Player
    Ali from Auburn contacted all clubs in the general area to them ours included - my understanding is they will be playing out or Mona Park - nice venue and suits fat blokes like myself.

League also indicated the possibility of a fifth divison depending upon numbers - who knows maybe we could eventually see a return of St Ives.

Well done - that's progression. The Power will go up based on the same philosophy - well that's what i said earlier today based on my sources.
    We'll be much more competitive than our last stint in Division 2. A bit wiser, more structured, some better cattle, alot fitter. Not saying we'll win the whole thing, but we'll be well positioned to hold our own against the stronger clubs in that grade. Wish I could have a run, my first year off in 6 years, I'm going to miss it. But with the players busting their asses on the track already under Bully's guidance, things are looking good.

It's a shame that this re-structure didn't happen a few years back. St Clair would still be around, they were a good bunch of blokes. It encourages the formation of clubs, giving them an opportunity to start with one team, and progress from there. Look how far along UTS have come (albeit in the heart of the city, players falling over themselves to get a run)

Have to agree Pekay..there may now be an opportunity to cater for the "participants" who just want a game of footy who have been put off due to the travel involved and other commitments. Would be great to Auburn, St Clare and St ives type clubs enter teams. Need to be flexible to cater for them though as they are likely to have older players and first timers in their teams.
    If div 4 can attract 12 or more teams it would ideally have 2 regional comps.
    say Div 4 Nort/west and Div 4 City/South. This would enable SFL to cater for a wider range of participants . As you say may even tempt a couple of new clubs to enter teams. Who said Div 4 has to play 18 games? maybe 12 or 14 is enough. Lets remember its the 5th level of footy in the Sydney comp afterall ..Anyone wanting more footy should be playing min div 3 anyway.

I'm on the Power and Jets promoted bandwagon.
    Common sense should always prevail.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by PATCHY View Post
    Have to agree Pekay..there may now be an opportunity to cater for the "participants" who just want a game of footy who have been put off due to the travel involved and other commitments. Would be great to Auburn, St Clare and St ives type clubs enter teams. Need to be flexible to cater for them though as they are likely to have older players and first timers in their teams.
    If div 4 can attract 12 or more teams it would ideally have 2 regional comps.
    say Div 4 Nort/west and Div 4 City/South. This would enable SFL to cater for a wider range of participants . As you say may even tempt a couple of new clubs to enter teams. Who said Div 4 has to play 18 games? maybe 12 or 14 is enough. Lets remember its the 5th level of footy in the Sydney comp afterall ..Anyone wanting more footy should be playing min div 3 anyway.

I'm on the Power and Jets promoted bandwagon.
    Common sense should always prevail.

Patchy you would place too much stress on clubs by stretching their resources even further with your suggested regional divisions.

Secondly its easy to say if blokes were serious that should play div 3 as a minimum but what if they cant get a run in that div with their club should they leave and go elsewhere? I can tell you now my club has worked too hard to stay afloat in the past three years to have it happen. We had one team 3 years ago - we now have 3 teams incl 18's and expect to be back in div 2 within 3 years and hopefully division 1 in the long term.

With all this talk of GWS and how AFL has to gain a foothold, it is a logical step in the right direction to encourage single team clubs to form. St Clair, along with Penriff, are right in the heart of league territory, so to have teams there, be it one, two or three per club, gives our game representation in the right parts.
    As for Division 4, there are still blokes that would want to play the full 18 rounds, it will only make the newer players to the game adapt better. When we played 2nd Div in 06, wet weather and forfeits by some clubs reduced our season to 13 games, so an 18 round system would compensate for any unforeseen circumstances like those I mentioned.
    Not a fan of the regional system, eliminates bus trips, a staple of any bonding session!
    Common sense for us to go up? Agreed. I also think the Dogs in Div 3 should make the jump as well, they are a strong unit, have depth, and would handle themselves well in Div 2.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast