Thread: Yet another reason why our club is respected....

Yet another reason why our club is respected....

On FoxSports News at the moment is a piece on David Rodan.

Towards the end of the story, Roden goes to great lengths to acknowledge the Sydney Football Club for all the help they gave him and the medicos at Port, relaying Eski's experiences with the LARS surgery which Roden has just had.

He said that Roos had talks with Choco about the whole experience and told Choco if there was any questions they needed answering, the Sydney medicos were always available for advice. Apparently they have accepted the invitation to share details of rehab etc.

You could tell in his voice that he was truly appreciative of Sydney.

We just had a great trade period and I have no doubt, the fact that Roos and the club have a reputation of being fair to deal with, makes it easier for us to get deals over the line.

It's also what makes players like Daniel Bradshaw choose us over clubs like Carlton.

Respect.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    No doubt we're respected for our sense of fairness in a number of ways. I like supporting a club that shows respect for others and is respected itself.

We almost always manage to get our trades done whether that be getting the players we target to the Swans or getting our players back home when they elect to leave us.

Whilst Geelong didn't want to lose Mumford, they acknowledged our fairness in the trade process.

I'm still wondering where the real truth lies in the failure to get ROK home to Melbourne last year.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    ... Whilst Geelong didn't want to lose Mumford, they acknowledged our fairness in the trade process...
    I think that was due more to Chambers being such a dud they probably thought "I suppose we still owe them for taking ol' Torture off our hands"
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I think that was due more to Chambers being such a dud they probably thought "I suppose we still owe them for taking ol' Torture off our hands"
    If that was truly their thinking, they dudded us again.

'Torture' was that bad, G Ablett would barely have been a fair square up.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Triple B. Just read your post and flicked over to FSN and caught the story. Good story.
    I was pleased to hear a another player follow Melcho. Rodan looked really confident and sounded very happy with progress.

Veterans List
    On the TV new here in Adelaide, Rodan thanked Eski, Roos and Swans medicos.

I hope he gets back on the field quickly aswell. Still have fond memories of him in the TAC Grand Final in 2001.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Good to hear. Credit to Roos and the medicos.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Always come over as a good 'un too Rodan so all the best to him.