9 19.15%

8 17.02%

4 8.51%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Rate A Season: #13 Patrick Veszpremi

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    2 - did nothing.

I have no idea why so many people are getting their knickers in a twist over this guy. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.
    Have you seen him play?

I agree that injuries have curtailed him significantly, but I would rank him up there with Goodsey in terms of sheer talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Sangster View Post
    Have you seen him play?

I agree that injuries have curtailed him significantly, but I would rank him up there with Goodsey in terms of sheer talent.
    That is an enormous call. I love the vezpresident as much as the next bloke but Goodes is a rather talented individual.

Have you seen him play?
    No. When at the games I spend my time directly looking into the sun. :\

WTF?

Yes, I've seen him play. Strange question.
    -

Senior Player
    I asked the question because I'm suprised you haven't seen anything in him. He has been inconsistent due to his lack of fitness, but some of the stuff he has done has been exceptionally good.

As for ranking him in talent stakes next to Goodes, I'm talking in terms of natural football ability. Whether he has the body and mental strength to ever live up to that potential or not, who knows?

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Right up there with ya.

All bedroom eyes and no action!!

And yes, BMR, I do care, but it's a long off-season and we don't want to rate the whole team over one week!!
    True, Annie, but there was a week between Cheese and my putting Vespa up. With pre-season started and the draft almost upon us, I'm struggling to remember a lot of 2009. Was it that forgettable?
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

I asked the question because I'm suprised you haven't seen anything in him. He has been inconsistent due to his lack of fitness, but some of the stuff he has done has been exceptionally good.

As for ranking him in talent stakes next to Goodes, I'm talking in terms of natural football ability. Whether he has the body and mental strength to ever live up to that potential or not, who knows?
    I have seen the guy try hard but this view is way over the top. Maybe it is harder playing in front of the ball but I haven't seen anything yet to make me think he is an elite player. He may be really good one day but it hasn't happened yet. On the other hand I remember being at waverly park circa 1999 to see goodes in the reserves against the bulldogs and you could tell immediately that he was something pretty special. but that was at the lower level and it is possible that a diamond shines more brightly amongst coal.

And i reckon it took a few years before goodes himself belonged at the elite level.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    And i reckon it took a few years before goodes himself belonged at the elite level.

... not very many years!!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Worth a 1. Failed to meet the great wraps he has received.

Quote Originally Posted by tez View Post
    Worth a 1. Failed to meet the great wraps he has received.
    Battled injury, and was never expected to dominate in his first couple of years due to fitness issues, something fully recognised by the Swans staff. They won't be disappointed at all.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Weekly update

Score after 41 voters - 3.68/10 (151/410)

Leaderboard
    8.67 -- 5. Ryan O'Keefe
    8.25 -- 2. Rhyce Shaw
    7.79 -- 6. Craig Bolton
    7.41 -- 4. Daniel Hannebery
    7.23 -- 3. Jarrad McVeigh
    5.54 -- 7. Brett Meredith
    4.35 -- 11. Ed Barlow
    3.86 -- 1. Barry Hall
    3.68 -- 13. Patrick Veszpremi
    3.28 -- 9. Nick Malceski
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

We did expect great things from Vespa.In the last game of 2008 he kicked four goals and scored two brownlow votes.Unfortunately he didn't kick on this year with alot of injury and endurance problems.
    I think the kids phsych needs attention also.I get the feeling he loves reading his positive press.Some of his on field actions are still very much "junior footy" type.
    He has the talent.He needs to learn what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Right up there with ya.

All bedroom eyes and no action!!

And yes, BMR, I do care, but it's a long off-season and we don't want to rate the whole team over one week!!
    Some how Annie, I doubt that very much.

This year probably learned a lesson on how much work is involved, how he has to listen and apply himself. That even though he has talent and a great attitude to the game itself, it doesn't automatically mean you are going to make it. My hopeful moment was seeing him at the B&F and noting he had maintained his playing weight even though he had had a crap year. One lesson learned there I think.

He will be just fine. Its all a matter of whats going on between the ears.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast