View Poll Results: How did you rate Craig Bird's season?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

4 8.16%

16 32.65%

19 38.78%

5 10.20%

3 6.12%

2 4.08%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Rate A Season: #14 Craig Bird

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar

2009 Rate A Season: #14 Craig Bird

You know you want to.....
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Really started to develop this season as the new in and under midfielder we've been looking for. Had four games with more than 20 disposals and showed true courage all year, right down to his season ending injury. I'm looking forward to seeing him become a real leader of the club for many years to come.

7/10
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

I think that 2010 will be a true test of Bird and vespa.
    They both need a solid pre season now they have 'settled' at the Swans.
    I trust that they know what is required to make the break into 1st tier afl.

Did pretty well, showed slight improvement in all areas from last year, no major deficiencies revealed (we always knew he wasn't the quickest, but the role he plays doesn't require it). Wasn't given much opportunity as a genuine guts midfielder, instead playing mainly off a HFF and wing as a linkup man. In his short stints in the middle, he really showed what he can do though. This year was always a consolidation year for him, I felt (I said as much during last year's preseason). Next year, it's a question of really stepping up and taking a lead role.

I gave him a 6, but it's a very happy 6. With reports that his fitness has shown marked improvement, and the exodus of a bit of experience, he's my tip for a big big year next year.
    Last edited by BSA5; 15th November 2009 at 10:25 PM.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

had a limited role and he did it well enough........from memory only 20yrs of age so solid effort.......will be interesting to see if Shaw etc push up in game time in the midfield and players like Kennedy and mcGlynn start to consume Birdies time in the 22.

Ablett if he stays may go to another level after the rocket of de listing hits home !

the competition for midfield spots is looking very promising !!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

6 from me. I'm a big fan.
    -

Gave him a 6.5 (7).

Have high hopes for this young bloke.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

Though to be honest, he disappointed me a little after such a strong beginning. Really expected him to emerge as the star of 09 like McVeigh did in 08. Must remember he is only 20.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    5/10 Thought he was okay without being brilliant however he has plenty of improvement left in him yet.

Promising signs about his fitness levels as well according to our staff this pre-season.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Hey ... no jumping in BMR. You be patient and wait (like everyone else). We've got a long time till next season.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

An excellent season from Bird i gave him an 8 held his spot on the team in only his second year of AFL and continued to improve showed some excellent form in games and am excited about seeing him continue to improve.

according to the age 'while some of the big improvers in fitness include Craig Bird, Nick Malceski, Pat Veszpremi, Jesse White and Brett Meredith.'

Tadhg's pre-season shock - RFNews - realfooty.com.au

Looking forward to next year

6/10 for being a little bit better than average!!

Go birdy. Looking forward to what you'll dish up next year.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast