Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stuey Dew in our Development Coaching Team

Regular in the Side
    Extra catering requried now for next years' Best and Fairest Dinner.

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Very good appointment IMHO, now if he can pass on his kicking skills we may just see the forwards taking marks on the Chest.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Good appointment. I've always admired him as a player, hopefully he brings something to the table. (teehee)

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Very good appointment IMHO, now if he can pass on his kicking skills we may just see the forwards taking marks on the Chest.
    As long as they don't practice by kicking to Dew. A ball that hits his chest could still miss the average player by a few feet.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Nup, not going to accept that. Thinking on this, he is a naturally big bloke who didn't take a dismissal from his club kindly, so after thinking about it set off and got himself another club, won the grand final for them off his own boot, and then retired gracefully. Guts and determination (no pun intended) is not a bad mix the Swans. Will do just fine.
    Hang on a minute... unless I've got it very wrong (entirely possible) he was never dismissed by Port. Pretty sure he retired to follow some Hollywood hopeful overseas - her career worked but the relationship didn't. I think he then returned to Australia and Hawthorn...

Other than that, agree with the point of the post, that he will be an asset...

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a feast!
    I'm excited. The guy's a gun. Two premierships - not too sneezy. Rather have him than Nafan.

I really need some popcorn chicken after reading this thread.
    10100111001 ;-)

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe Nicky D could become his assistant and they could have the "my quarter was better than your quarter" discussion over a couple of buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    Hang on a minute... unless I've got it very wrong (entirely possible) he was never dismissed by Port. Pretty sure he retired to follow some Hollywood hopeful overseas - her career worked but the relationship didn't. I think he then returned to Australia and Hawthorn...

Other than that, agree with the point of the post, that he will be an asset...
    Now Von, its the avoud duty of R&Wers to not wreck a good story with fact. I was on a roll. I do admit that perhaps he wasn't actually dismissed. The fact is they didn't try and talk him out of it. Probably.

He retired. He came back, but to another club. In the balance of things I think we can just run with my version of events.

I would also like to point out we haven't had a true Pluggeresque style figure at the club since, well, Plugger. It is not a bad thing to have such a bloke involved now. And he has a lovely smile.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Now Von, its the avoud duty of R&Wers to not wreck a good story with fact. I was on a roll. I do admit that perhaps he wasn't actually dismissed. The fact is they didn't try and talk him out of it. Probably.

He retired. He came back, but to another club. In the balance of things I think we can just run with my version of events.

I would also like to point out we haven't had a true Pluggeresque style figure at the club since, well, Plugger. It is not a bad thing to have such a bloke involved now. And he has a lovely smile.
    I was always an admirer of his thighs - so strong!!! yes thats a bit girlie, but he was a damned fine footballer and his joining the club can only be of benefit.

I'm thinking that the planets are starting to align! what with the irish boy back (this is celebrated by those of us who aren't ageist or predicting his demise because of injury ) the almost done deal of snaring Bradshaw, the signing of Mumford & Kennedy & now Stuey Dew!! - I'm getting the feeling that 2010 isnt going to be too bad a year for the Swans. Good vibes now kids, good vibes!!!
    Last edited by Wardy; 25th November 2009 at 06:57 AM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Warming the Bench

Yes Prim, I was very conscious of your stance on letting facts get in the way of the yarn and I certainly support that.

But truth be known I actually thought the truth was a better story... Hollywood starlets, broken relationships, picking up the pieces to come back and win a flag with a body more suited to the bar of a suburban league ground than the half-forward line of a young premiership-winning AFL team...

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    Yes Prim, I was very conscious of your stance on letting facts get in the way of the yarn and I certainly support that.

But truth be known I actually thought the truth was a better story... Hollywood starlets, broken relationships, picking up the pieces to come back and win a flag with a body more suited to the bar of a suburban league ground than the half-forward line of a young premiership-winning AFL team...
    So who was the nasty peice of "starlet" work who dumped him???
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast