Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 - Depth

2010 - Depth

Many comments made from RWO'ers on the depth we have in 2010, compared to the previous couple of seasons.

So I thought I'd put a swans reserves side together. After taking out my best 22, I had a go at putting a side together with the rest. Includes players who are on the fringe of my best 22 and could have gone either way.

B. P Bevan S Reid N Gordon
    HB. H Campbell T Richards E Barlow
    W. M O'Dwyer N Malceski L Jetta
    HF. B Sumner L Johnston G Rohan
    F. J Moore D Currie T Dennis-Lane
    Rucks M Pyke, B Meredith, K Thornton
    Int. T Gilchrist, J Orreal, Rookie, Rookie

Obvoiulsy all these players won't play together due to injury, will play in different positions and we can only have a limited number of listed players playing in any one reserves game.

But it does prove that the depth is hell of a lot better than 2009 and the list of kids is potentially the best wev'e had for a long time.

Senior Player
    I assume you meant C Heath, not H Campbell?

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    I assume you meant C Heath, not H Campbell?
    Yep. Thanks.

Nice team. Crowds for the 2s will surely be up next year.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List pig@fullforward's Avatar
    only drama is that we can only play so many listed players in the ACT comp so that means some people may have to sit on the side lines

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by pig@fullforward View Post
    only drama is that we can only play so many listed players in the ACT comp so that means some people may have to sit on the side lines
    This is a huge worry as many of our squad needs games to refine their craft.Being named an emergency also robs them of game time. Can the Swans look at another arrangement? Maybe those who miss out on a game can play for the local Sydney sides. I imagine the Canberra league to be much weaker than WAFL or SAFL and the Sydney comp.to be weaker again but game time is important for match fitness. A player like Trent Dennis-Laine needs matches to keep his touch

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    This is a huge worry as many of our squad needs games to refine their craft.Being named an emergency also robs them of game time. Can the Swans look at another arrangement? Maybe those who miss out on a game can play for the local Sydney sides. I imagine the Canberra league to be much weaker than WAFL or SAFL and the Sydney comp.to be weaker again but game time is important for match fitness. A player like Trent Dennis-Laine needs matches to keep his touch
    Didn't I hear somewhere that swans reserves players were going to be playing VFL next year????

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Didn't I hear somewhere that swans reserves players were going to be playing VFL next year????
    If this is correct,it would solve the problem and give them practise at as close to the highest level you can get.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by pig@fullforward View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    My understanding was that, commencing last season, players above the listed-player quota would be leant out to other ACTAFL teams to ensure they still got a match. It never came into operation in 2009 because for most of the season the club struggled to have even a dozen or so listed players available for the reserves team.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    What happened to the alliance with Port Melbourne a few years back. It still amazes me that plugger was in a borough jumper!

apologies for my ignorance as I havent kept up with ressies

what happens when we dont have enough ressies players to fill the ressies team ie who makes up teh numbers ??

Cheers
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    apologies for my ignorance as I havent kept up with ressies

what happens when we dont have enough ressies players to fill the ressies team ie who makes up teh numbers ??

Cheers
    They get good junior players from Sydney based clubs generally to play.
    Swannies for life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast