Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Season Training - When should it start?

Pre-Season Training-When should it start?

Have always wondered why Sydney footy clubs started pre-season so early. We surmised at the Goannas that the earlier we started the better chance we gave ourselves to pick up interstate recruits or locals who wanted a change. Over here in WA, my club North Beach who has won the last 6 straight A Grade Amateurs Flags, and 9 out of the last 11, always start pre-season in early February around 10 weeks before Round 1. The Senior Coach, Billy Duckworth, obviously has the formula right!!

well starting at the end of january has never hurt us...........

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty View Post
    Have always wondered why Sydney footy clubs started pre-season so early. We surmised at the Goannas that the earlier we started the better chance we gave ourselves to pick up interstate recruits or locals who wanted a change.
    That's the only benefit I can really see. If you start a month after everyone else then new blokes to Sydney, keen to get settled and meet some new people etc, could have well started training with someone else and by then it is often too late.

I guess it doesn't hurt but the big downside is that a Nov start (ridiculous IMO for Sydney) makes the season seem like it goes on forever which can be a huge drain on your volunteers.
    Last edited by Mug Punter; 20th November 2009 at 04:25 PM.

Docker's Preseason Training start's December

Pre-season training is scheduled to commence on Wednesday the 9th December at Mahoney Oval Marrickville at 6.30pm. Training will continue at Mahoney Mondays and Wednesdays thereafter until Xmas. Training will then resume on Monday the 11th January. All senior and U18 players are encouraged to attend. Conditioning sessions in particular will be held pre-Xmas.

here we go!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOW View Post
    here we go!!!.
    With 17 of the 2008 Dockers' 22 First Grade squad having left, will anyone show up for preseason?

I'll be there for a look on the 9th.

Surely they couldnt have 17 of there best 22 leave.... could they?
    Any other teams with much player movement so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Surely they couldnt have 17 of there best 22 leave.... could they?
    Any other teams with much player movement so far?
    It's true Matty. They've moved on to other states, other teams or retired.

I think if you only win a few games it would be good to turnover 8 or 9 but i think 17 is alot, why cant balmain keep players?

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    I think if you only win a few games it would be good to turnover 8 or 9 but i think 17 is alot, why cant balmain keep players?
    Because Cheesecake can be detrimental to one's health.
    Last edited by Pekay; 23rd November 2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: typo

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Because Cheesecake can be detrimental to one's health.
    Hilarious!!

I dont know where this figure of 17 has come from,but im sure the rumor mill is doing plenty of overtime on this topic.How about we say that all 22 regular first grade players have contracted dementia and wont find the dockyard this season.On the positive side balmain will then have 22 new players how exciting(how are you going to measure a brand new side).As i have said before guys balmain will have a very competive side in all 3 grades this is a rebuilding phase.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast