Thread: List and Outside Vets

List and Outside Vets

At this stage we have two players who qualify as vets who could be listed as "outside" which obviously has advantages. I am not sure why we would not take this opportunity and add an extra two players before the uncompromised draft, or if they are outside vets, does that mean we need reduce our number of rookies?

yes
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Veterans List
    Better to have first go at a couple of the non selected players (Panos and Dare for me) in the PSD and have two less rookies.

It's how Tankers got Liam Jurrah last year, first pick in the PSD rather than run the risk of someone else taking him. Wonder if they'll take his cousin in the PSD this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    yes
    So after today, we have one spot left on our list for DB, and two inside vets. How many rookie spots available, I think the new Irishman does not count, and seems to be some good talent left that we could pick up in the PSD rather than be down the pecking order in the rookie draft, with GC having the first 5 picks.

Veteran Site Admin
    The new Irishman does count towards our total, but Nathan Gordon doesn't.

Hannebery and Heath............I didnt realise they drafted while in yr 11 ??

so when all these guys like Scully and co are being drafted from yr 12.......well Heath and Hannebery are still the same age and in the same yr at school !

why did they get drafted in 2008 when they were in yr 11 at school in 2008 ??
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

so when all these guys like Scully and co are being drafted from yr 12.......well Heath and Hannebery are still the same age and in the same yr at school !

Put simply, the cut-off dates (as far as minimum age goes) are different in the AFL and schooling systems.

Actually, that didn't sound simple at all . . . .
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

SYDNEY SWANS
    1. Barlow, Ed
    2. Bevan, Paul
    3. Bird, Craig
    4. Bolton, Craig
    5. Bolton, Jude
    6. Currie, Daniel
    7. Goodes, Adam (veteran - inside list)
    8. Grundy, Heath
    9. Hannebery, Dan
    10. Heath, Campbell
    11. Jack, Kieren
    12. Johnston, Lewis
    13. Kennedy, Josh P.
    14. Kennelly, Tadhg
    15. Kirk, Brett (veteran - inside list)
    16. Malceski, Nick
    17. Mattner, Martin
    18. McGlynn, Ben
    19. McVeigh, Jarrad
    20. Meredith, Brett
    21. Moore, Jarred
    22. Mumford, Shane
    23. O'Dwyer, Matt
    24. O'Keefe, Ryan
    25. Richards, Ted
    26. Roberts-Thomson, Lewis
    27. Seaby, Mark
    28. Shaw, Rhyce
    29. Smith, Nick
    30. Thornton, Kristin
    31. Veszpremi, Patrick
    32. White, Jesse
    Rookie list
    1. Gordon, Nathan
    2. Gilchrist, Taylor
    3. Orreal, Jake
    4. Pyke, Mike

DRAFT
    1. Rohan
    2. Jetta
    3. Reid
    4. Sumner
    5. DL

BRADSHAW ?

ADDITIONS
    Exchange period: Josh P. Kennedy (Hawthorn), Ben McGlynn (Hawthorn), Shane Mumford (Geelong Cats), Mark Seaby (West Coast Eagles)
    Rookie elevation: Kristin Thornton
    Scholarship elevation: Nathan Gordon (NSW/ACT Rams)

DELETIONS
    Retired: Leo Barry (veteran - outside list), Jared Crouch, Nic Fosdike, Michael O'Loughlin (veteran - outside list), Tim Schmidt, Brendan Murphy (rookie)
    Exchange period: Amon Buchanan (Brisbane Lions), Barry Hall (Western Bulldogs), Darren Jolly (Collingwood)
    Delisted: Luke Ablett (second list lodgement), Ryan Brabazon, Matthew Laidlaw, Daniel O'Keefe, Henry Playfair (second list lodgement), Kyle Coney (rookie)
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

Because they raised the minimum drafting age this year by 4 months (or was it 3?).

Under this year's age rules, none of our three draftees from last year would have been eligible to be drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Because they raised the minimum drafting age this year by 4 months (or was it 3?).

Under this year's age rules, none of our three draftees from last year would have been eligible to be drafted.
    Oh. Well that explains a LOT.

Looks like our recruitment mob (I love you Stuey) are on the ball and can see that magical word "potential". Came up spades in one case, and I think will more than match expectations in the others (watched them run the oval on Wednesday, and it was a fine fine sight).
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood