Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Kirky's Guernsey Presentation Speech as reported by Rebecca Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by T-bag View Post
    It has been said many times by many clubs that they hold the Sydney Football Club in high regards to their culture and processes. Even Bomber Thompson has mentioned numerously that they themselves moulded their football club around the Sydney model. So I really don't know what your beef is.

So you don't like the speech. No need to cry about it.
    Where did Bomber say That! link please, because I can't believe he would have he has achieved so much more than Sydney has and most likely ever will. Geelong is up there with Brisbane as one of the all time great sides. If he did then not only did he achieve it he improved on it and still is.

Quote Originally Posted by jdow View Post
    Where did Bomber say That! link please, because I can't believe he would have he has achieved so much more than Sydney has and most likely ever will. Geelong is up there with Brisbane as one of the all time great sides. If he did then not only did he achieve it he improved on it and still is.
    It was years ago - Around the time of their first premiership.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

ROK
    I can't believe that you think the Swans are a dysfunctional club...are you on something or just stirring?

Both he and Tom Harley have made reference to our club as to how they would like to be perceived and respected.

Not to mention the fact they brought in the same leadership program that we used when setting up the club again under Roos and Maxfield.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    And a pretty dysfunctional place it is.
    How so?

Senior Player
    Disregard ROK..he just stirrs for the hell of it1

wow so we are all to love Kirky then regardless?

the fact is there are some who hang off every word he says & think he's the messiah and there are some who dont - simple - it doesnt meant that those who aren't fond of him love the club any less - they just have a different opinion on things which is their perogative. Stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Veterans List
    And of course, this year Voss told a RWOer that the Lions held the Swans in high regard and the model for the Lion's structure. Just as Roos modelled his team on Leigh's Lions.

The Cats were a rabble in 2005 and 2006 and at the start of 2006 until they took on board the Swans' model of personal responsibility - the same base that Lyons took to this year's other Grand Finalist. The Cats have played three GFs and won two so they are ahead of the Swans but hard to say "achieved so much more than Sydney has and most likely ever will".

It'd be just as fair to surmise that if the Swans had GAblett in 2006 they'd have two premierships, too.

ROFLMAO - Under discussion.... pffft! I can do many things on here you could only dream of

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567