0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 1.72%
  • 1 - Poor

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Rate a Season: #31 Brett Kirk

NO DOUBT THE BARRY HALL SITUATION HAD AND IMPACT ON HIM.

Wasnt his best year , though as many said Heart & Soul and rekon with a few kids around him now it will rub off on him.
    Has plenty to offer this year and he will give it his all.
    Rekon though this is it for him
    Est 1874
    SMFC

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Weekly update

Score after 39 voters - 7.97/10 (311/390)

Leaderboard
    9.38 -- Swans Recruiters
    8.65 -- 5. Ryan O'Keefe
    8.29 -- 2. Rhyce Shaw
    8.06 -- 19. Michael O'Loughlin
    7.97 -- 31. Brett Kirk
    7.80 -- 6. Craig Bolton
    7.75 -- 24. Jude Bolton
    7.61 -- 30. Lewis Roberts-Thomson
    7.49 -- 4. Daniel Hannebery
    7.24 -- 18. Jesse White
    7.22 -- 3. Jarrad McVeigh
    7.20 -- 15. Kieren Jack
    7.17 -- 16. Darren Jolly
    6.26 -- 25. Ted Richards
    6.15 -- 14. Craig Bird
    5.35 -- 7. Brett Meredith
    4.76 -- 21. Leo Barry
    4.43 -- 27. Kristin Thornton
    4.31 -- 11. Ed Barlow
    3.90 -- 1. Barry Hall
    3.67 -- 20. Luke Ablett
    3.64 -- 13. Patrick Veszpremi
    3.19 -- 9. Nick Malceski
    1.92 -- 26. Henry Playfair
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Warming the Bench
    Towards the end of this year Roos struggled to find a match up for him which resulted in him being on the bench for a fair amount of game time. I think as sad as it would be I think he may pull the plug come the second half of next year. He is to much of a team player to stand in the way of any young kid that was pushing for selection.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    Towards the end of this year Roos struggled to find a match up for him which resulted in him being on the bench for a fair amount of game time. I think as sad as it would be I think he may pull the plug come the second half of next year. He is to much of a team player to stand in the way of any young kid that was pushing for selection.
    Que????
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Kirk spent 83.3% time on ground, only 1.9% down on 2008. There was a similarly small drop from 2007 to 2008. I really don't know where you're getting that from.

Seriously, Kirk looked almost as good as ever last year. I think people are seeing the grey hair and assuming the worst; his performances were almost as good as ever, and he's showing no signs of suddenly dropping. Now, in 2008 O'Loughlin didn't either, so we may see Kirk slowing down dramatically next year, but there's no reason to be prophesying it. For all we know he'll put in another evergreen year, another top 10 B&F performance, and may even go around another year.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    I gave him a 9 purely on spirit, which at times seemed to ne lacking in some other players, a couple of which are no longer with us. Holding things together during the Hall fiasco must have been difficult, but Kirky is Kirky, he never was fast on his feet, but he doesn't put his head down, just ove the ball, where it belongs, pure guts and determination could possibly see him play on, and on. Derek Kickett once said, quick between the ears is better than quick in the legs.

Paul Roos for PM

I was reluctant to actually say anything to chuckie on his post as I was at a loss to know how to without actually biting head from neck.

However I will say that the old man can hold his head up in the running work, he is only being beated by two others while I was watching, and being trailed by about fifteen others. May not be fast, but he has endurance.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Rubbish! He is too much of a team player to allow a player into the Swans side that doesn't deserve to be there. If someone is pushing for selection, I am sure he will offer every encouragement, but also let him know he's going to have to climb over Kirk's bleeding, battered body... and meanwhile put extra pressure on himself to be better, stronger, faster.

Any new player will have to get in the side by being the better player. He's the steel hand inside the velvet glove - not a soft touch.

PS - see my signature...
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Kirk spent 83.3% time on ground, only 1.9% down on 2008. There was a similarly small drop from 2007 to 2008. I really don't know where you're getting that from.

Seriously, Kirk looked almost as good as ever last year. I think people are seeing the grey hair and assuming the worst; his performances were almost as good as ever, and he's showing no signs of suddenly dropping. Now, in 2008 O'Loughlin didn't either, so we may see Kirk slowing down dramatically next year, but there's no reason to be prophesying it. For all we know he'll put in another evergreen year, another top 10 B&F performance, and may even go around another year.
    Believe in everything you say BSA5. But also understand where Chuckie is coming from. IMO - There were signs in 2009 that his age and battered body were catching up on him. I hope he has another great season, but it may be his last.

And before anyone responds, note the 'IMO'. This makes me immune from criticism. Cheers.

rate kirks year

10 simply because he is the heart and soul and i wouldnt want anybody else doing what he does. I can be clinical, but dont want to be - he gives his all and you cannot buy that or quantify it. Go Kirky

Suspended by the MRP

Thumbs up

two incense thumbs up!

On the Rookie List
    On his knees, finding the ball and feeding it out in the tightest and toughest of situations is what the Captain does better than anyone, just ask Joel Selwood.

The glue that keeps the midfield structured and high apparently. That is what he does EVEN better than above.

These are the reasons why his departure at season's end will have a devestating effect.

The fragile hold that Kirky had on his other skills is slipping; his kicking is failing him and his lack of speed starts to negate his other unique brilliant qualities.

None of this is his fault, age has caught up with him. This will be a brilliant and sad season ahead!
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast