0 0%

1 1.72%
  • 1 - Poor

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Rate a Season: #31 Brett Kirk

2009 Rate a Season: #31 Brett Kirk

Everyone knows you want to ...
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I would like to have given him a higher mark, but he just wasn't as good as the last couple of years.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

Bit off to be honest. Another year of hard work that he can be proud of. Just didn't take the opportunities like he needs to as Captain and as part of our midfield to warrant a higher score. Mind you, he's not alone.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    I agree he seemed to drop off just a fraction this year, and that's probably only due to his own ridiculously high standards. He remains the the heart and soul of our club and I hope he does so for at least another three years.

7/10
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Heart and soul.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

7 for individual performance ( quite a few average performances)
    8 for leadership ( 2 points deducted for buying into the BBBH saga with some unnecessary commentary)
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    I agree he seemed to drop off just a fraction this year, and that's probably only due to his own ridiculously high standards. He remains the the heart and soul of our club and I hope he does so for at least another three years.

7/10
    3 years you reckon? I'm thinking 2010 might be his last season.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

8 on principle. Hard year, physically and emotionally. Had to control the troops and did. We sometimes forget there are two other captains because Kirky is so relied upon. May be his last year, who knows. But pretty good for an elder. Anyway he was never much chop as a runner, or goal kick, etc. But as a Captain he is not bad.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

8 - good stuff, seen better though.
    -

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    3 years you reckon? I'm thinking 2010 might be his last season.
    I did say hopefully. Remember, he didn't start playing regularly until he was 25, so his age of 33? isn't necessarily that high in football terms. Fingers crossed he can keep on keeping on, because it's going to be a Kell & Magic-like sad day when he goes.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Regular in the Side
    wasn't quite up to the mark this year.
    9 if it was based on his leadership..
    As the heart and soul of the club i thought he was in a tough position when it came to Bazza's situation which in no doubt must have been gut wrenching for him and Baz.

I dare say the early season finish we had will hold him and the club in good sted.
    After 4-5 years of the type of footy we have played would have taken its toll.

But the guys look fresh in the images we have seen to date

Veterans List
    Sets very high standards and delivered. A key part of the midfield, watch him organising at the stoppages. Will appreciate the additional help he'll get in midfield this year although 2010 might be his playing Swansong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast