Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kirky the best rookie of all time!!!!

Kirky the best rookie of all time!!!!

The top 10 rookies of all time - AFL.com.au

Well deserved! Arguably one of the best captains in the league plus multiple b&f's.

So who's our next rookie champ going to be?
    Nathan Gordon?
    Sam Crichton?

The Predicted Rookie Draft

The final intake: who your club could pick - AFL.com.au

must have been very very close between Kirk and Cox though. Cox is a star of the game, does Kirky's superior leadership, determination, voice and inspiration make him better value than a dominating ruckman?

Quote Originally Posted by staple View Post
    must have been very very close between Kirk and Cox though. Cox is a star of the game, does Kirky's superior leadership, determination, voice and inspiration make him better value than a dominating ruckman?
    Yes.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd give it to Cox. How on earth was he a rookie? Was it a zoning thing? He's always been tall and had excellent skills.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by staple View Post
    No, not IMO.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Heart says Kirk. Head says Cox, by a bee's, um, cox.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

The stats will say Cox, but Kirk is higly rated as a player by the players on all teams. What Kirk gives, apart from one of the best tacklers and stoppers this decade, is the leadership and voice of command on the park. I don't think anyone doubts Kirk's involvement in the development of the "Bloods Culture" and say of it what you will, it's a template mimicked by other teams because they recognised it's value.

Is Kirk better then Cox? I don't know. I think it's mighty tight and they are both head and shoulders above third (Matthew Boyd).
    10100111001 ;-)

Veterans List
    The captain widely regarded as the most respected in the competition - and one who can lift his team to win games (and much of that by example) - against a very very good tall? It would look ridiculous placing Cox ahead of Kirk on those terms. One is a footballer, the other is a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    The captain widely regarded as the most respected in the competition - and one who can lift his team to win games (and much of that by example) - against a very very good tall? It would look ridiculous placing Cox ahead of Kirk on those terms. One is a footballer, the other is a leader.
    Well said.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Sydney have three players in the top 10 ...

1. Kirky
    4. Jolls (albeit for Melbourne)
    7. Tiger

I look forward to seeing where this years rookies end up on a list like that.

I'm so happy with the way we've played our trading cards this year, we're spoilt for talent.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Sydney have three players in the top 10 ...

1. Kirky
    4. Jolls (albeit for Melbourne)
    7. Tiger

I look forward to seeing where this years rookies end up on a list like that.

I'm so happy with the way we've played our trading cards this year, we're spoilt for talent.
    Ahem.... Who?
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Veterans List
    Tadgh was an international rookie if I am not mistaken so not really a genuine Aussie rookie.

What, no Bevo on the list. That is an outrage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast