Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Celebrity' Supporters

Senior Player

'Celebrity' Supporters

Here's on off season thread if ever I saw one...

I was reading an article this morning about Scott Dooley from JJJ joining Merrick Watts at Nova next year. Merricks said Dools got the job because they support the same footy team, that being the Swans.

Who else is there?

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Who gives a $%#@???

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post

I was reading an article this morning about Scott Dooley from JJJ joining Merrick Watts at Nova next year. Merricks said Dools got the job because they support the same footy team, that being the Swans.

Who else is there?
    If Merrick is the one that's on the Hollowmen, I saw him at the footy with Tim Rogers from You AM I once - tho I thought he (Rogers) was a NM supporter?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Who gives a $%#@???
    Clearly no one, myself included.
    Simply a short term, Swans related boredom curer. Please calm down.

Veterans List
    No one's told me why I saw Caro Wilson at my kid's school concert the other day. I'm sure it was her....

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hugo Weaving's at games pretty frequently with his family, they very much seem to be keen fans. Based on the things his kids shout out they clearly lurk/post RWO. Usually sits around the same area at Homebush (I won't say where). In a strange LOTR twist, David Wenham has also sat in the same area at some games (pretty sure he sat next to Goody Stella during the final out there on the awful night against WCE).

One of his sons is a big Barlow fan, too. Has a Barlow guernsey and goes NUTS everytime Ed gets near the ball "GO CHEESE! CHEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSEEEEEEE CHEEEEEESEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!", the whole family gets into it.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post

One of his sons is a big Barlow fan, too. Has a Barlow guernsey and goes NUTS everytime Ed gets near the ball "GO CHEESE! CHEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSEEEEEEE CHEEEEEESEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!", the whole family gets into it.

Well I'm glad he's father has plenty of money because the kid's clearly an imbecile.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)

Who else is there?
    That's totally wrong info. Both Merrick and Dools support Collingwood as both are originally from Melbourne.

Also unrelated but i see John Howard (the actor) at the Pies game at Homebush in his Collingwood gear with his son (who is a Swans supporter). He only rocks up for that game every year even though he has a Swans membership
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    That's totally wrong info. Both Merrick and Dools support Collingwood as both are originally from Melbourne.

Also unrelated but i see John Howard (the actor) at the Pies game at Homebush in his Collingwood gear with his son (who is a Swans supporter). He only rocks up for that game every year even though he has a Swans membership
    Really, I was sure Dools especially was a Swans supporter, he's always going on about the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    If Merrick is the one that's on the Hollowmen, I saw him at the footy with Tim Rogers from You AM I once - tho I thought he (Rogers) was a NM supporter?
    Rogers is NM and I definitely thought Merrick was Collingwood.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Senior Player
    Well after a little actual research (instead of almost baseless assumption), it would definitely seem I was wrong about Merrick and Dools. Both Collingwood supporters. I was indifferent towards them before, now I don't know what to think...

Who else is there?
    Mez is a die hard no teeth Colliwobble supporter.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast