Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Cup

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    They still play games whether they win or not. The only difference is that if they win, it continues to get televised.
    That's not correct, if they win they continue to play under the NAB Cup rules such as 9 point goals, in play off the post, standard interchange etc.

If they lose, they go back to the regional challenge games with the stock standard rules in place and extended benches etc.

It has been a standard practice that we prefer to fine tune our preparation under the standard rules and more fredom with an expanded bench.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    That's not correct, if they win they continue to play under the NAB Cup rules such as 9 point goals, in play off the post, standard interchange etc.

If they lose, they go back to the regional challenge games with the stock standard rules in place and extended benches etc.

It has been a standard practice that we prefer to fine tune our preparation under the standard rules and more fredom with an expanded bench.

DST
    Well yes, but my point is that they're still playing games, there's still the chance of injury, and that doesn't change whether we win or not. As far as injuries go, it's the same.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Well yes, but my point is that they're still playing games, there's still the chance of injury, and that doesn't change whether we win or not. As far as injuries go, it's the same.
    Yes, there is a chance of injury, which is why I think Roosey tends not to play the "elder" players until two weeks before the real games start. The kiddies bust their guts for the Ansett Cup.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    I'll be there rooting for the boys at Rooty Hill !!!!

After the game, I'll be off for Kurnell.
    I hope whatever's at Rooty Hill is going to be fun. The NAB game's at Blacktown

Veterans List
    I notice in an article just posted on the Swans website that Roos is indicating we'll see a full strength side for the NAB cup.

How many positions on the bench for the NAB cup, is it 8 ie a team of 26?

Impressive pic of Mumford in the article, he's massively muscled and looks fit.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    $5 on the Swans @ $34 to pay $170 with Sportsbet.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The ground is near Rooty Hill.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    $5 on the Swans @ $34 to pay $170 with Sportsbet.
    $10 on Gary Rohan to win the Brownlow @ $5001 to pay $50,010!
    Get on board!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I gather you don't know Western Sydney too well Ugg. The ground backs onto the rail line between Doonside and Rooty Hill, but much closer to Rooty Hill. About a 20 min walk from the railway station I would think. The only connection with Blacktown is that it is within the city of Blacktown.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Looks like Roos agrees with you. The prospect of maybe winning a NAB Cup game is quite strange. Will take some time to get used to the idea.
    Roos excited by new forwards | Herald Sun
    Winning a NAB Cup game? I'd like to see that.

Swans ready to fire in new year

Damn, Mumford looks like he could run through a brick wall in that shot!
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Veteran Site Admin
    More confirmation that the Swans intend taking the NAB Cup seriously this year. We damn well better win the first round game now (or at least come close). Will be a bit embarrassing if we get rolled and don't have the excuse that we weren't really trying...

Swans set to challenge in NAB Cup - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    $10 on Gary Rohan to win the Brownlow @ $5001 to pay $50,010!
    Get on board!
    The club said he wont play this year. Think I will save my $10 and put it on Jetta or Dennis-Lane.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast