I used to love Hush...and Zoot.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    I used to love Hush...and Zoot.
    Sweet!

Oh dear a few ages being shown now.

I heard a Stars song on local radio tonight- Mighty Rock
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Yep, I've got tickets to the Thursday gig. Should be brilliant.
    Hear, Hear Al. I can't wait!!

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Very disappointing and annoying that members don't get into the NAB Cup game. Especially when we're spending almost $400.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...7/default.aspx
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    First year out of school in '74 I worked for a short time at a bank in the city. Right opposite the bank were the 2SM studios, at the time #1 station on the radio by a fair margin and I managed to get concert tix fairly regularly.

I went to a 4 band concert at the Horden Pavillion. The opening act was AC/DC with Angus resplendent in school uniform and Bon Scott screaming in the mic. I doubt more than 5% of anybody there had heard of them before and as usual with opening acts, they played about 3 songs before being ushered offstage. Next up were Skyhooks who managed to get 4 songs in before getting the flick. Renee Geyer had 2nd billing and Hush were the main drawcard.

36 years down the track (reality is hitting home as I type, 36 years ...lol) AC/DC became huge and still are, Skyhooks were huge and are still fairly well remembered although kids my daughters age get a surprise when u tell them Red Symons was a rock star.

Renee Geyer occasionally gets a 'oh yeah, I remember' but Hush....barely come across anybody who vaguely remembers them, although they get some recollection when you tell them the two guitarists were asian, a bit of a rarity in those days.
    Renee Geyer, now there is a rolled gold hack if ever you saw one. Always has been always will be.

On AC/DC: a group of us used to frequent the Matthew Flinders Hotel in Melbourne on a Saturday afternoon. (a mate was a bar man and we got free beers) Many a time they would feature new bands in amongst the shockers such as The Ted Mouldy Hand Band (Ted Mulray Gang). This particular afternoon in '74 the place was half full and half cut and this band came on with this bloke in a school uniform. They started up and few people were taking much interest, but about 10 minutes in everyone was fixated and sold.

2 weeks later they played on a Thursday night and the place was packed to the rafters and rockin'. The rest is history.

Little River Band also played there in their early days.

It's off to Rooty Hill for tickets.

I'll be there with my son.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Smile nab cup tickets already on sale!

I thought we had to wait till 9am mon 18/1 to buy the tickets from the Rooty Hill RSL (online), but have just been on their website (and to my surprise) you can buy them NOW!. click on 'home of sport' on the left hand side of options list on their home page and follow the dotted line. i just bought four. looking forward to the game already.
    see ya there.

Quote Originally Posted by g60 View Post
    I thought we had to wait till 9am mon 18/1 to buy the tickets from the Rooty Hill RSL (online), but have just been on their website (and to my surprise) you can buy them NOW!. click on 'home of sport' on the left hand side of options list on their home page and follow the dotted line. i just bought four. looking forward to the game already.
    see ya there.
    Thanks for the heads up....just bought 4 tickets myself!!
    Swannies for life!

Go Swans Always

Thumbs up

Fantastic great observation. I have just bought six tickets four adults and two children under 7.

Off to banner making tomorrow, to get some prepared, so will let them know as they want to go too ater we make banners that day in preparation for the season.

Great information saves phoneing on Monday or going over to Rooty Hill.
    Love those Swans

Glad I came on here - just bought our tickets and don't have to wait until Monday. Looking forward to a long weekend in Sydney and the first look at the boys playing in 2010.
    Conrad

Quote Originally Posted by conradhc View Post
    ...just bought our tickets and don't have to wait until Monday.....
    What he said ^^^
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast