Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Cup

NAB Cup

Under the Roos regime we have been perpetual also rans. Every year we have had we have had a heap of raw kids run around and get flogged because most of the senior players were still recovering from the previous season or were underdone.

Next year nearly all our players will be fit and the mix is more even than previous years. Probably 30 blokes are in the running for senior selection. All will be breaking their necks to impress in order to gain selection for round one. I expect a near full strength team to take the park. And to be competitive.

Come 20 Feb I?ll be at Rooty Hill screaming my heart out. And because I?m a tragic I am counting the days down. Sixty five days, cannot wait.
    I hate the hiatus we have had to endure every March while the guys go and play practice matches at Woop Woop West. I'm hoping that next year will be different.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Veteran Site Admin
    Looks like Roos agrees with you. The prospect of maybe winning a NAB Cup game is quite strange. Will take some time to get used to the idea.

Roos said the pre-season cup, not always Sydney's first priority, would be a key phase in their campaign.

"It's really critical, we need to get a good team on the field for round one of that competition to give ourselves a chance to gel as a group," Roos said.

Roos excited by new forwards | Herald Sun

What better way to kick off 2010 than beating the cheating corrupt scum of Carlton.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    Come 20 Feb I?ll be at Rooty Hill screaming my heart out. And because I?m a tragic I am counting the days down. Sixty five days, cannot wait.
    I hate the hiatus we have had to endure every March while the guys go and play practice matches at Woop Woop West. I'm hoping that next year will be different.
    Hahaha, glad to hear I'm not the only loser that does this! I drive everyone mental with my summer countdown.

And it would be soooooo good to get even just one win up in the knob cup for a change.

I also hope they win the first game against Carlton, as the second week of the competition means they will be playing in Melbourne at Etihad against either Stkilda or Collingwood and I'll get to see them using my UPGRADED, membership for 2010 which gets me into all NAB cup games for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Win the first week (to shut everyone up); and lose the second.

We don't want anyone even given the remote chance of getting injured before the real game starts.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Win the first week (to shut everyone up); and lose the second.

We don't want anyone even given the remote chance of getting injured before the real game starts.
    They still play games whether they win or not. The only difference is that if they win, it continues to get televised.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    What better way to kick off 2010 than beating the cheating corrupt scum of Carlton.
    It's off topic but what have Carlton done?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunger View Post
    It's off topic but what have Carlton done?
    Dunger ....... phone home.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

On the Rookie List
    I get the strong feeling we will "have a go" at the NAB cup this year!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I get the strong feeling we will "have a go" at the NAB cup this year!
    The bookies have us at 50/1, based you would assume on our low finish in the premiership season and our well known attitude towards the pre season comp.

If we are serious this year, speculate a few $ at such generous odds.

I also like the 2/1 about us making the final eight in 2010. That should be a safe bet if our recruiting really was on the mark.

I'll be there rooting for the boys at Rooty Hill !!!!

After the game, I'll be off for Kurnell.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast