Thread: Season Reviews- 1993 to 2009

Season Reviews- 1993 to 2009

The league site has included GF records for these years, some good reading, especially for a footy nerd like me.

A sad coincidence is that Sanders & Kealey Medal winners of 98, Doug Scholz & Steve Jackson have both passed on now.

Warming the Bench
    Slightly off-topic I know, but I remember reading on the League site quite a while back that the History Committee had been replaced by a Historical Society of some sort (can't remember the exact name).

I haven't seen or heard anything about it since. But it seems to me the sort of thing that the clubs and people interested in the history of the game here in Sydney should be getting behind.

More historical content of this nature on the League site would be good. And the history pages could be a lot better on many club sites as well from what I have seen.

aka Mr Taxman
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainsofpain View Post
    But it seems to me the sort of thing that the clubs and people interested in the history of the game here in Sydney should be getting behind.

More historical content of this nature on the League site would be good. And the history pages could be a lot better on many club sites as well from what I have seen.
    Penrith have always been the best with their history - largely thanks to Spoons - I always love reading his little quirky facts regardless of ther position on the ladder. A few years ago I spent about 18 months going through old records getting the Goannas history up to scratch on their website only to see one idiot press the delete button & erasing all the hard work that I did just a year later. Very frustrating.
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations

I have compiled the history of Nor-West, lucky for me it's only 10 years, so well on top of it. Hawkesbury's on the other hand, well, that's a nightmare, due to the RAAF involvement, there are bits and pieces all over the country.
    Agree with Penriff's history section, the best there is. Good yardstick.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I have compiled the history of Nor-West, lucky for me it's only 10 years, so well on top of it. Hawkesbury's on the other hand, well, that's a nightmare, due to the RAAF involvement, there are bits and pieces all over the country.
    Agree with Penriff's history section, the best there is. Good yardstick.
    I just had a look, you've done a good job.

It's a pity there isn't more of Hawkesbury's history available for you to collate.

Club History

For a complete historical record of the East Coast Eagles, and before that the Baulkham Hills Falcons, click the above link.
    www.eastcoasteagles.com.au

I had a good read of that a few months ago Fizz, was an interesting read, well compiled. Took awhile to get through, but not as long as it would've taken to sort out!

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I had a good read of that a few months ago Fizz, was an interesting read, well compiled. Took awhile to get through, but not as long as it would've taken to sort out!
    It's about a 3 can read I reckon Pekay.

The balance of the historical records re B&F winners, full voting records, leading goal kickers, matches played, volunteer award winners, finishing positions in all grades across the years etc etc are all published in each season's Year Book.

The next task is to get all of that on the website as well ....

Envious of Rohan Graham
    Surprise surprise...

No mention of the only coach to win Baulkham Hills an S.F.L Flag??

History of the club or a Physick family autobiography??

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Club History

For a complete historical record of the East Coast Eagles, and before that the Baulkham Hills Falcons, click the above link.
    A great read

1983 ?

A ninth team was added and the Premiership victory of the U/17 Hawks in ?83 was the first of another 15 to follow in the next five years. Ian Fraser handled the Presidency duties and this year really did usher in a period of unparalleled competitive success for Baulkham Hills.

The Club fielded all its teams in the Hills & District Association and in this important period for the local competition three of those teams ? U/13 Hawks, U/15 Hawks and U/17 Hawks made the finals. David Reed who had won selection in the Sydney and NSW U/15 sides was awarded the Junior Sportsman of the Year from the Baulkham Hills Sporting Club. A wonderful acknowledgement considering the sport was still in its infancy in the area.
    Played in that U 17s grand final against Baulko. Played for Macquarie United which the Parramatta Club evolved from. Reedy killed us that day after we beat them by 50 points 2 weeks earlier.

Actually that info is a typo. Dave Reed made the U/17s Sydney and NSW sides that year.

Quote Originally Posted by -Doogs- View Post

Actually that info is a typo. Dave Reed made the U/17s Sydney and NSW sides that year.
    Correct. A quick check of the 1983 Year Book confirms it was indeed the U/17's.

Thanks ... now changed.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainsofpain View Post
    I just had a look, you've done a good job.

It's a pity there isn't more of Hawkesbury's history available for you to collate.
    I'm slowly finding bits and pieces, as our 09 Reserves coach was the inaugural president, so he has contacts around the traps, but as for things like games played, very hard to sort out with all the backing up for grades, players not registered (I would imagine it happened a bit back then) so if I ever do happen to collate the old history, it will more than likely be at a bare minimum. Worth the challenge though.