Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Moller To Lead Blues In 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I give up trying to understand it then

Surely a case of administrative overkill if you guys and Penrith need to list your top 30 when you probably sometimes struggle to field a team (not meant as an insult either before anyone arcs up). Surely the idea is to "quarantine" the top level kids and ensure they are not poached. For the Prem League clubs I see this as forcing them to do what they should be doing anyway, maintaining a good knowledge of their talent pool in their area.

For Penrith, you guys, Mac Uni etc surely this just adds another layer of unncesarry administration. For starters, how do you get a list together when you don't know if the players is listed on a Prem Leaguie list or even turning up to play again for that matter. And if a player isn't on a Prem League club's radar (i.e. top 300 juniors in Sydney) then surely the kid should be able to play wherever they want.

From what I can see this initiative is good in it's intention but poorly implemented....
    Penrith won't have a problem fielding a side and havent for the last couple of years. In fact, we have had kids having to sit games out. Have spoken to most of the new kids coming through. A few are not playing this year but the majority intend coming to Penrith...and happily they are the more talented players. A couple of the kids are going to Town and good luck to them. Probably be assured of getting a start there but might have struggled (with the numbers) getting a start at Penrith.

If players have been listed by a PC club and a lower div club, they get the choice. We only listed the kids we knew were keen on playing in 2010. Communication the key which is what the league wants. As players not listed can go to any club they choose, the listing is just targetting the talented players from being poached.

95% of players I have spoken to just want to play locally with their mates. First question I have been asked when speaking to these kids is "Who else from my junior club is playing with you?"

Senior Player
    MP whilst you think inconcieved it was implemented to stop clubs with resources that are unavailable to the rest of us from taking the cream from outside their areas. Essentially it is up to all of us to get to know the juniors in our region and nuture them and hope they want to play with us.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    MP whilst you think inconcieved it was implemented to stop clubs with resources that are unavailable to the rest of us from taking the cream from outside their areas. Essentially it is up to all of us to get to know the juniors in our region and nuture them and hope they want to play with us.
    Seems to me it has stopped one club "with resources from taking the cream"
    and allowed 9 "clubs with resources to the the cream" .
    Last edited by Goanna; 16th January 2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: excluded wollongong

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Whatever.....

Gents, i put the C Town list together with the help of a few scouts who had kids in the western sydney league last year.
    The reasoning behind it was that we had to nominate 30 players from the given player lists from our pathway area,which did include Penrith/Blue Mtns etc,league made the rules not us.
    From that list,those 30 had the options of playing Premier at C Town, play a lower divison with another club,or seek a clearance from C Town.There was never any guarantee that the 30 nominated wanted to travel from near & far to C Town,and many do not.
    From our local area,we have still picked up a possible 10 or so that are not on that pathway list but why nominate them on the list, if they have expressed intentions of playing at the club,and probably would not be chased by other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat View Post
    Gents, i put the C Town list together with the help of a few scouts who had kids in the western sydney league last year.
    The reasoning behind it was that we had to nominate 30 players from the given player lists from our pathway area,which did include Penrith/Blue Mtns etc,league made the rules not us.
    From that list,those 30 had the options of playing Premier at C Town, play a lower divison with another club,or seek a clearance from C Town.There was never any guarantee that the 30 nominated wanted to travel from near & far to C Town,and many do not.
    From our local area,we have still picked up a possible 10 or so that are not on that pathway list but why nominate them on the list, if they have expressed intentions of playing at the club,and probably would not be chased by other clubs.
    No worries, steamboat. As long as you look after the couple of kids that plan to go there. Hopefully you can put a full and competitive squad together.

Moller will be a big in for the blues, both playing and coaching. Congratulations

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234