Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Season Comp

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornithology View Post
    ONCE AGAIN....will depend on amount of teams that enter..

Id imagine most teams wont really be worried about the purse but more about their preparation going into the upcoming season.
    Playing a thirteen a side comp doesnt really do much for preparation other than your fitness - biggest upside I see from it is bonding.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Playing a thirteen a side comp doesnt really do much for preparation other than your fitness - biggest upside I see from it is bonding.
    isnt it all part and parcel.

From what I remember about Campbelltowns ground you would certainly b gaining fitness with 13 a side. Shouldve have read more closely. Not as attractive after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Remember Me View Post
    From what I remember about Campbelltowns ground you would certainly b gaining fitness with 13 a side. Shouldve have read more closely. Not as attractive after all.
    SOFT
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Quote Originally Posted by Pace To Burn View Post
    SOFT
    Hear hear

Almost Football Legend
    13 a side at Monarch would be fantastic for anyone who loves open space lol.

But it would be a good hit-out. Good luck with getting the tournament up and running.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

How many teams have officially applied to play Pace?

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    How many teams have officially applied to play Pace?
    Plenty mate, we only have enough room for 6 in each div and a number of clubs came in late wanting two so have to go through it tonight with the sec to see exactly who nom and paid first. From initial discussions with her i know that in div one there is Us, Saints and Wollongong, with Wests, Easts, Norths, Mac Uni all saying they wanted two in and Penno one but not sure who confirmed or paid up. Div Two is You guys, Gosford and Parra confrimed with the balance to come from above clubs second sides.

Div 2 will hopefully be

Gosford, Norwest, Parra, WGong, Wests, Mac Uni.

Will also confirm prizemoney

Quote Originally Posted by Pace To Burn View Post
    Plenty mate, we only have enough room for 6 in each div and a number of clubs came in late wanting two so have to go through it tonight with the sec to see exactly who nom and paid first. From initial discussions with her i know that in div one there is Us, Saints and Wollongong, with Wests, Easts, Norths, Mac Uni all saying they wanted two in and Penno one but not sure who confirmed or paid up. Div Two is You guys, Gosford and Parra confrimed with the balance to come from above clubs second sides.

Div 2 will hopefully be

Gosford, Norwest, Parra, WGong, Wests, Mac Uni.

Will also confirm prizemoney
    Great news mate, whole comp should get behind it. Used to be great when the SFA put on lightning comps in the 90s and early 00s, good atmosphere, great base to start your season on. Not many clubs with two grounds suitable for a massive tourny (We have two great grounds out here, but waiting on a clubhouse) but you have one massive ground for one!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Great news mate, whole comp should get behind it. Used to be great when the SFA put on lightning comps in the 90s and early 00s, good atmosphere, great base to start your season on. Not many clubs with two grounds suitable for a massive tourny (We have two great grounds out here, but waiting on a clubhouse) but you have one massive ground for one!
    Yeah I remember that comp it had a name to but just cant put my finger on it

You tend to do that in your autumn years...

There was Trumper Cup 11 a side

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast