Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Game Plan 2010

Nicky Winmar the First.

Getting back ot, when Baz was playing his best CHF for us he kicked goals, set up goals, and he took marks across the middle of the ground which he then kicked on and followed forward.

I expect Goodsey will be better at these things and he should excel with more one-on-one contests, away from the packs. As far as him moving into the midfield goes, I wouldn't be surprised to see him down back if we're under the cosh, but I expect our plethora of inside mids, ROK and J-Mc to be goods enough in most sitches.

Geelong play the way they do because they back their teammates to make the next play. When Tadhg, Mal and, yes, Leapin' Leo were storming off the backline and Baz wasn't barred or blind-ish, we played some pretty good running footy. I think we're better across all lines than we were last year, and especially up forward - and the boys will all be backing their teammates.
    I was wrong about Gerard and his hair.

I like the idea of leaving Braddy and Jesse up front by them self where ever possible. These two are big units and love to lead.

Goodes even if he is playing CHF will be in the midfield anyway for over half the game.

PAGANS Paddock !!!!!!!!!!

let our 16 players be compressing the game and let our two big men have half the field to them selves with rushing small forwards coming thru !!!
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 25th January 2010 at 03:45 PM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I like the idea of leaving Braddy and Jesse up front by them self where ever possible. These two are big units and love to lead.

Goodes even if he is playing CHF will be in the midfield anyway for over half the game.

PAGANS Paddock !!!!!!!!!!

let our 16 players be compressing the game and let our two big men have half the field to them selves with rushing small forwards coming thru !!!
    Thats the "classic Football" that is so good to watch.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Thats the "classic Football" that is so good to watch.
    Unless the opposition just zone off and fill in the gaps Bradshaw and White are supposed to use.

If that does occur I would love to see White use his size and go straight through the oppostion(legally). Hopefully this will make defenders think twice about putting their body on the line
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Unless the opposition just zone off and fill in the gaps Bradshaw and White are supposed to use.

If that does occur I would love to see White use his size and go straight through the oppostion(legally). Hopefully this will make defenders think twice about putting their body on the line
    Ideally then, you need a decent handful of players who can regularly kick goals on the run from around the 50m mark, or just outside. Presumably if opposition players are zoning back, there must be additional space around half-forward.

Not sure whether we have those players, mind. Kennelly, Malceski, Mattner, Veszpremi, Meredith, Goodes, O'Keefe and McVeigh you'd back to make the distance more often than not, but whether they're on target is a quite different matter!

Not sure how effective Pagan's paddock is on the SCG
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    ... Kennelly, Malceski, Mattner, Veszpremi, Meredith, Goodes, O'Keefe and McVeigh you'd back to make the distance more often than not, but whether they're on target is a quite different matter!
    I would back Goodes to be the best, he has been kicking over 65% the last two seasons.
    Then probably McVeigh.
    the goal kicking of the others is relatively unknown to me (I have not seen a Reserves match for about 4 years!) but Pebbles is more than likely the last I would want kicking for the game.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

MCG = 171 x 146 (the mecca)

SCG = 147 x 136 (plenty of width)

ANZ Stadium = current grass 157 x 129 (fence to fence 178 x 149)
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Cool

Next year I want to see more red & white play like this -> http://cli.gs/swanspace

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RTTF View Post
    Next year I want to see more red & white play like this -> http://cli.gs/swanspace
    One of the best goals I've seen at the SCG.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by RTTF View Post

ZOOMZOOMZOOM!
    10100111001 ;-)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast