Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I love Kirky and (at the risk of upsetting Wardy, Roklobster, goswannie14 etc), believe him to be one of the MAJOR driving forces behind the great highs of a few seasons ago, but I don't think it would be altogether to bad for him to bow out with Roosy at seasons end.
    We have a good supply of players to take over his on field position and the likes of Jude and Goodsy to carry the "inspirational" mantle.
    Whilst I think it will be a very sad day when he eventually does retire, I don't believe he is the type of man that will drag it on and will pull up stumps at the right time for both him and the team.

No not upsetting me at all - in fact I thought it was a lovely photo of him and I agree if he goes with Roosy at the end of the year it would be an equal ending to a successful partnership.
    Last edited by Wardy; 18th January 2010 at 01:18 PM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHood View Post
    Does anyone here think Kirky will be a better player in 2010 than he was in 2009?

This is a serious question. I hope he can improve.

Personally, if Kirky declines even slightly this year then I have no doubt he will retire along with good mate Paul Roos.

I love him and I will miss him, but his amazing leadership could be surpassed by his flagging skills. I hope this does not happen.
    The inference seems to be that his 2009 was not so flash. He finished top 5 in the B & F (yet again). Is there anyone else who should retire with Roos should their skills slightly decline, or just Kirky?
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    The inference seems to be that his 2009 was not so flash. He finished top 5 in the B & F (yet again). Is there anyone else who should retire with Roos should their skills slightly decline, or just Kirky?
    Point.
    And I agree. He has a certain job to do, and he does it. Over and over again. He is still finishing in the top five in the training runs which is odd considering he has been labeled "slow" on many occasions. Anyway the man is honest and will make his own way to the land of retirement in the fullness of time (cliche, cliche cliche - add your own). Stuey or Roosy will have a quiet word if things look out of kilter.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    I was referring to his foot skills and speed. Not his popularity with the coaching staff in a lean year.

5th in the B&F of a team that came 12th is good but far from great. Very slim list last season.

My other personal thoughts and hopes for Kirky were clarified above.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Bit harsh on RWO there T-Bag, it's only a select few who are harsh, most also love Kirky!!
    A gallery can be made up of just 2 people

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I love that, because some people disagree with you, you resort to name calling. Very grown up of you.

We are not all clones who have to agree with you because you think something is so. My opinion is just as valid as yours, and I can express it without having to resort to name calling (in this instance).
    And I cried too when I saw your roll eyes. boohoo

funny how you think you're a part of the peanut gallery. But I suppose... visions of grandeur and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    This comment prompted me to search the origin of "peanut gallery".

Peanut gallery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So this comment is not relevant to RWO and instead the reference should be
    "rough deal from the cardboard chardonnay gallery".

There is nothing wrong with his abs. It's not the classical six pack but then he has had four children.
    lol

The thing is no one can really question his acheivements - they are fact. It's the people who make assumptions about how he's bolloxed certain players that is the shame of RWO

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    With your judgement, you probably think Bevo is an AFL level player too.
    I'd have thought that the 100 odd games that Bevan has played is pretty indisputable evidence that he is an AFL level player. A substandard player might fluke a dozen or so games if they happen to be in the right place at the right time, but not 100+. With a top 10 B&F finish thrown in for good measure, in a year that his team played finals.

I think it is fair also to say that Bevan wouldnt have played 100 games for many other top5 teams over the last 5 or 6 years

BUT he is a goer and i enjoy his committment
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I think it is fair also to say that Bevan wouldnt have played 100 games for any other team over the last 5 or 6 years
    Edited for accuracy!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    BUT he is a goer and i enjoy his committment
    No one questions these aspects of Bevans game. It's the skill level and decision making aspects of his game that most people have issues with. For my mind he's a liability in our team and should not be playing senior football.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast