Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brett Kirk

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar

Brett Kirk

An excellent article here on our captain courageous. Seems we'll keep seeing him for a while yet.
    Great stuff Kirky!

Brett Kirk | Sydney Swans | AFL
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Happy and I know it
    Read it in the SMH yesterday. What a wonderful photo of Kirk - sigh.

Great article (and photo) but this time last year there was a similar article about Michael O'Loughlin and he retired, I really really hope this is just coincidence

On the Rookie List
    Does anyone here think Kirky will be a better player in 2010 than he was in 2009?

This is a serious question. I hope he can improve.

Personally, if Kirky declines even slightly this year then I have no doubt he will retire along with good mate Paul Roos.

I love him and I will miss him, but his amazing leadership could be surpassed by his flagging skills. I hope this does not happen.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
    Great article (and photo) but this time last year there was a similar article about Michael O'Loughlin and he retired, I really really hope this is just coincidence
    I love Kirky and (at the risk of upsetting Wardy, Roklobster, goswannie14 etc), believe him to be one of the MAJOR driving forces behind the great highs of a few seasons ago, but I don't think it would be altogether to bad for him to bow out with Roosy at seasons end.
    We have a good supply of players to take over his on field position and the likes of Jude and Goodsy to carry the "inspirational" mantle.
    Whilst I think it will be a very sad day when he eventually does retire, I don't believe he is the type of man that will drag it on and will pull up stumps at the right time for both him and the team.

Senior Player
    I think it would be good for this to be his last year - hate to see him embarrassing himself if he went too long

a legend with weird abs
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    a legend with weird abs
    He is a legend with great abs lol... seriously he lives in the moment and at the moment he is raring to go as i have said before you cannot quantify what he gives the Swans. For a man with no skills (as I have read here before) or diminishing skills he does great for this Swans supporter. Dont write of a champion, he will never embarrass himself just those who are ready to give him the boot. Long may he reign!!!

I love Kirky. Shame he gets such an unjust, unwarranted and rough deal from the peanut gallery on RWO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T-bag View Post
    I love Kirky. Shame he gets such an unjust, unwarranted and rough deal from the peanut gallery on RWO
    Bit harsh on RWO there T-Bag, it's only a select few who are harsh, most also love Kirky!!

Quote Originally Posted by T-bag View Post
    I love that, because some people disagree with you, you resort to name calling. Very grown up of you.

We are not all clones who have to agree with you because you think something is so. My opinion is just as valid as yours, and I can express it without having to resort to name calling (in this instance).
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Do NAB Cup games count in the number of consecutive games count?
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast