Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's time to support OUR Club Swans

It's time to support OUR Club Swans

What an absolute disaster last night at Club Swans. Was really sad being there trying to support our club as the place was rockin with lots of people eating and drinking (NAB Cup on the TV screens throughout the club) unaware of what the rain was doing to the roof.

The constant rain resulted in a pipe in the front street level bar bursting - flooding through the front street level seating area. Water was non stop flooding the whole area. Club Swans staff were quick to move us away. Our crew moved via the lift to Level 3 that was closed. Thank god we were there though to alert staff that the lights were dripping water. Moved from there back downstairs and within 5 minutes the evacuation alarms starting ringing throughout the club. Apparently the 3rd floor roof colapased under the pressure of the constant rain (who the #$% were the contractors to re-build our club..... dodgy?)

Meanwhile, everyone in the club was evacuated out onto the street, before we were told that the Bourban next door was also evacuated and on fire. Was not long after that the fire brigade, police and ambulance were on the scene telling people to get on the other side of the street as they thought the buildings were going to collapse. My god, all I kept thinking was we are safe, but how much money will we lose with the club likely to be out of action for quiet some time. This to me was the last thing needed so close to the footy season starting.

Please Swans fans, put your dislikes of the club aside and when the club re-opens, make an effort to support it and the fantastic Swans family staff working there - who I guess are now out of a job until the club re-opens. Seems so unfair right before the season to see OUR club in this state.

Are you for real or re-telling a dream. That sounds like something out of a thriller.

That is unbelievable!
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

I heard a brief mention of it on the morning news but I had no idea it was so serious. With the financial strife the club is in, I wonder if this is a disaster or a blessing in disguise.

Go Swans Always
    Thank you for the info. Believe some news about in on sunrise this morning. Nothing else available.

this is realy sad to see the club destroyed like that.

Hopefully repairs and rebuilding do not take long.

Just when we hear of all the dream club rooms etc being opened at North Melbourne, Carlton etc.

Swans need support now big time from AFL - guess that will never happen.

Only out to help GWS.

Heavy rain at SCG hope all is okay there for the Swans.
    Love those Swans

Insurance scam!
    -

Blog Entries
    Kevin Sheedy would never have let it happen.

Beleive it or not, this is blessing for the club.

It temporarily removes the need to keep trading what is a negative cash flow for the club at present and probably allows them greater flexiblity to get out of the current tennant contract they have with the club and find more suitable premises to what they are trying to do.

Let's hope this time they decided to seperate the two purposes and have a seperate social venue for match days etc and actually get into a business that will generate revenue for the club as a pure investment.

I don't think the club should have tried to cater for both arrangements within the one premise, it was never going to work as it narrowed it's ability to attract customers being so closely aligned to the football club.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

I hope the insurance (QBE surely?) was up to date. And that they take to opportunity to find a new venue away from Kings Cross.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Beleive it or not, this is blessing for the club.

It temporarily removes the need to keep trading what is a negative cash flow for the club at present and probably allows them greater flexiblity to get out of the current tennant contract they have with the club and find more suitable premises to what they are trying to do.

Let's hope this time they decided to seperate the two purposes and have a seperate social venue for match days etc and actually get into a business that will generate revenue for the club as a pure investment.

I don't think the club should have tried to cater for both arrangements within the one premise, it was never going to work as it narrowed it's ability to attract customers being so closely aligned to the football club.

DST
    I'm really not sure about the financial situation after asking staff at the club who said the club does run at a profit and the losses reported in the press were simply depreciation costs associated with the redevelopment. If that's the case wouldn't that be the case for any new club development?

The staff even went as far as to say attend the AGM in March to hear that. Like I said I'm not sure but would be interested in hearing more about it as judging by the numbers there eating, drinking and gambling the last couple of weeks I've been there, I'm not sure how it could be running at a loss.

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I think it's a great venue and will continue supporting it once it re-opens.

This is a job for superman.

Only danger I had last night was falling off the couch.

Another reason why this association should end.

Near disaster fortunately averted. A more appropriate venue near the SCG would make alot more sense. Subsidised parking at Fox Studios if you have a meal there for example.

I haven't walked through Kings Cross in 20 years. Although I did sprint through there last month chased by several bouncers
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Hmm I must call my colleagues at QBE to see if I can get any info.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast