Thread: Directions to Blacktown Olympic Stadium

Directions to Blacktown Olympic Stadium

Some directions on how to get to the ground. I drove past there today and if you are driving from the north, you go past the ground if you're not careful.

So I did some searching and these are the directions off the M7.

10. Leave the M7, taking the Great Western Highway exit.
    11. Continue along Great Western Hwy Exit, Eastern Creek0.6km
    12. Turn right onto Great Western Hwy, Eastern Creek at Telstra0.3km
    13. Veer right onto Wallgrove Rd, Eastern Creek22m. You don't actually go onto Wallgrove Road as that is on your left. You turn right into Rooty Hill Road South.
    14. Continue along Rooty Hill Rd S, Eastern Creek1.4km
    15. Turn right onto Eastern Rd, Rooty Hill 0.7km
    16. Arrive at Eastern Rd, Rooty Hill
    17. Drive back over M7 and Blacktown Olympic Stadium is on your left
    Last edited by Bas; 13th February 2010 at 09:38 PM.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Almost Football Legend
    If you're going on the M7, you'd probably find it easier (and marginally cheaper) to take the Power St exit.
    From there, follow Power St to Knox Rd. Turn right at Knox Road, and you will see the light towers from there to guide you. Cross the railway line and take the next right (Eastern Road) and you can see the stadium from there.

Alternatively, if you're coming from the city, Eastern suburbs or inner west, the M4 toll is abolished this week so it's a cheaper drive. Follow the M4, take the Wallgrove Rd turnoff and turn right. Keep going straight ahead at Great Western Highway, and a couple of kilometres further down the road you will get to Eastern Road. Turn right and you'll see the ground from there.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 13th February 2010 at 11:35 PM.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Cheers for the directions. Any idea on what the parking situation is like there? I note on the Swans website it states limited parking will be available. Need to get there early I guess to get a spot.

I think the best way to get there is by train - provided there's no trackwork planned for that weekend . Just alight at Rooty Hill Station and walk to the ground. It takes about 15 minutes from the station.

The games starts at 7.40pm, and goes for at least two hours.

Trains arrrive at Rooty Hill every half hour from from 5.11pm onwards i.e. 5.41pm, 6.11pm, 6.41pm, 7.11pm.

On the way home, there's express trains to Central that leave Rooty Hill station at 9.29pm, 9.59pm, 10.29pm, and 10.59pm.

It does make for a late night, but avoids the hassle of trying to find parking.