Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My NAB Cup Team V Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    I would still be surprised if goodes and a few other senior players lined up. I dont think we'll win, but really WHO CARES! Carlton have always taken this thing seriously. As long as the young brigade do well and get the experience.
    I want to win. I want to see us televised as much as possible.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I want to win. I want to see us televised as much as possible.
    I agree, I'm looking forward to watching some pre season games (hopefully more than 1) with so many new faces on board.
    Could be a tough ask with out ROK, Bradshaw, Shaw, White, Mumford etc
    BTW, does anyone know why Vespa isn't playing?
    Last edited by ernie koala; 18th February 2010 at 10:48 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Heard Roos say on SEN this morning that Mumford had a bit of bruising and they would rest him. Nothing wrong with him and he is fit and well.

So after the most hyped summer ever...back to reality and a loss in the first week of the Ansett Cup.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    With Grundy, LRT and Bolton our 3 tall defenders, reckon we will see more of Richards up forward this year - especially to cover White and Bradshaw who aren't playing.
    His turnovers won't be so costly there at least.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    A team was announced about 10 minutes ago.

29 names but only 26 will play
    1. Mark Seaby, 3. Jarrad McVeigh, 6. Craig Bolton, 8. Trent Dennis-Lane, 9. Nick Malceski, 10. Daniel Currie, 12. Josh Kennedy, 14. Craig Bird, 15. Kieren Jack, 16. Gary Rohan, 17. Tadhg Kennelly, 20. Sam Reid, 21. Ben McGlynn, 22. Byron Sumner, 24. Jude Bolton, 25. Ted Richards, 29. Martin Mattner, 30. Lewis Roberts-Thomson, 31. Brett Kirk, 32. Lewis Jetta, 33. Jarred Moore, 35. Campbell Heath, 37. Adam Goodes, 38. Michael Pyke, 39. Heath Grundy, 40. Nick Smith, 42. Paul Bevan, 43. Matthew O'Dwyer, 46. Taylor Gilchrist.
    My Starting 18:

B SMITH C.BOLTON ROBERTS-THOMSON
    HB KENNELLY GRUNDY RICHARDS
    C MATTNER MCVEIGH MALCESKI
    HF MOORE GOODES BIRD
    F JACK DENNIS-LANE CURRIE
    R SEABY KIRK J.BOLTON

Just read the selected players on
    AFL - The official site of the Australian Football League - AFL.com.au
    and am quite happy that I have no plans to go to Blacktown.Carlton is going in with a strong side and we are doing a fair bit of trialing.I have a strong feeling that this will be our first and only NAB Cup match this year.
    I sincerely hope I'm wrong but we are giving some young blokes who are our future a run.Will be good to have a look at what they've they've got.

That would be a very conservative 22; not much of a change from last year; few 'kids', and not very exciting.

I hope we will see more changes than:

Currie for Hall
    T L-D for O'Loughlin
    Searby for Jolly

I meant that is a very conservative 18!

Extended bench will mean more trials and excitement

On the Rookie List
    I believe this is one year we can't afford to have a casual attitude towards the NAB cup. Winning a couple will boost membership by generating excitement and coverage before the main season. We have been "sold" a new look Swans and die hard supporters want to see if this is true. There is an air of anticipation this year unlike other years and it would be frustrating if our matches were not televised. Realistically ,with a younger less experienced team,the more game time we can get,the more exposure to media pressure,the better. As Roos acknowledged,it will take time to Gel as a team and playing together is the only way. With the tightness of the competition and the possibility of a spot in the 8,we can't afford to coast into the season and rely on experienced players to win us a spot in the second half of the season.We have to win from the first game to the last as many as we can.

No. The NAB Cup is stupid.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    That would be a very conservative 22; not much of a change from last year; few 'kids', and not very exciting.

I hope we will see more changes than:

Currie for Hall
    T L-D for O'Loughlin
    Searby for Jolly
    Just my opinion on a starting 18 at the first bounce..... I too want to see the younger brigade but I reckon you might find them interchanged on and off the bench a fair bit and trialled in different spots in and around the more experienced players......or do you think they'll whack them all on there and say go for it...maybe rest the older players a bit more?????

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast