Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My NAB Cup Team V Carlton

Veteran Site Admin
    I had a very vivid dream about this game last night. All I can remember though is Rohan kicking 3 goals.

Senior Player
    I have a two jug bet with a Carlton supporting friend riding on this game.

Regular in the Side
    I am very excited about this NAB cup game. Particularly:

Trent Dennis-Lane
    Can he continue his form in the intraclub game last week? If he can, he will be challenging for a key forward position for the Round 1 against the Saints.

The boys are back in town?
    Will Tadhg and Esky return to form? Esky was subject to a critical but constructive newspaper article this week. Fingers cross for both of them in 2010. Ironically, with those two in mind, there was a period in 2006 & 2007, when the first 30 odd games the two played together, the Swans lost only 2 or 3 games.

Teddy?s return
    Let?s hope that Ted Richards has fully recovered from his terrible injury last July, coincidently also against Carlton.

New Kids on the block
    I particularly will be interested to see how both Gary Rohan and Lewis Jetta perform. Along with Jarrad McVeigh, they represent the only top 15 draft picks for Sydney for a decade.

Mike Pike
    Still fuming over Brian Taylor?s repetitive put downs of Mike Pike?s 2009 Pre season ruck work. I will be interested to see if Mike has developed his skills.

The immigrant Hawks
    I am particularly looking forward to seeking Ben McGlynn play, as there has been some very big raps on him. Josh Kennedy?s form will also be worth watching, as he is on the cusp of, I believe, Round 1 selection if everyone in the list is fully fit.
    Last edited by top40; 19th February 2010 at 03:43 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post

New Kids on the block
    I particularly will be interested to see how both Gary Rohan and Lewis Jetta perform. Along with Jarrad McVeigh, they represent the only top 15 draft picks for Sydney for a decade.
    Except for Veszpremi.

And Johnston.

On the Rookie List
    My Team

FB: Smith Grundy Bolton C
    HB: Malceski LRT Kennelly
    C: Bird Kirk Mattner
    HF: Jack Goodes Bolton J
    FF McGlynn Currie TDL

Followers: Seaby Kennedy Mc Veigh

Interchange: G Rohan, Jetta, Moore Pyke, Sumner , Bevan,O'Dwyer
    Emergencies: Gilchrist, Cambell Heath, S.Reid

"As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

It's hard to tell because he's facing away from the camera, but that other boy doing weights is almost a dead ringer for Rohan!

There doesn't seem to be any cut down squad....29 named everywhere except on the "teams" page in the afl gameday thingy....but that doesn't mention Rohan who is a certain stater...so that's obviously to do with only having space for 22 in the software.

Are there 29 players...or are the culled not named till game time....anyone?

BTW have moved permanently to New Zealand where there is not only NO NAB cup coverage AT ALL

But you have to pay US$10.00 a month for an affiliate Pigpondtv that took 5 days to upload the NAB cup matches...and hasn't even put the WC/Ess game up at all.

IN Europe/UK/Nth America you can stream video of the matches at AFL.com.au

That is blocked here...yet there are no matches on TV. Absolutely disgusting.

So much for the AFL trying to grow the game!!!!!!!!
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Back to teams....
    The senior players missing are

O'Keefe
    White
    Bradshaw
    Shaw
    Veszpremi
    Meredith
    Barlow
    Hanneberry
    Playfair
    Mumford

Did I miss any?
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345