Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: NAB Cup Rd 1 - Swans v Carlton Match Thread

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Awesome win, very, very exciting team.

My 2 cents worth:

- Jetta = star in the making. For a small guy he sure can kick the ball.
    - Eski/Tadhg - good to have them back
    The two things I thought were great to come out of the night.
    Jetstar's super goal, he looked like he was coasting after the initial first couple of steps, whilsts the Blue behind him was bustin' a gut.
    The Eski looks like he may have the magic back. Hopefully the other Dream Team/Super Coach hopefuls out there believe this :
    Super Coach Hand Book
    "BURY 'EM"
    It seems the dashing half back will never return to the heights he reached before wrecking his knee two years ago.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby_bolts View Post
    Sooo frustrating!

One HD is replaying the game at 1pm today. Fingers crossed the recorder works, I want to see the Jetta 3rd Quarter bonanza.

And cheers Sharp9 for the Torrent site.
    Just looking through the TV guide for the week. One HD (and I presume ONE digital) is also showing this game at the following times:-

Thursday morning 6.30 am to 8.30 am
    Saturday afternoon 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm

Lots of opportunities to catch up......
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    So can we start calling our 2 new stars Jetstar and Fanta Pants yet???
    Jetstar I like.
    Gary Rohan has to be the Rooster - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225804169611
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    I thought all our young players did well and hopefully they all will get even better....dnt forget we hav a few players to come back in...so all in all i think our 2010 season will be good.
    Is your RWO mojo linked to Melcho's resurrection?
    Nice to see you back!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Is your RWO mojo linked to Melcho's resurrection?
    Nice to see you back!
    Just what I was thinking LK.
    if Bevo strings together a few more solid games then maybe Connolly will return to.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    Just looking through the TV guide for the week. One HD (and I presume ONE digital) is also showing this game at the following times:-

Thursday morning 6.30 am to 8.30 am
    Saturday afternoon 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm

Lots of opportunities to catch up......
    Indeed, thank you. Watched the replay they had on monday arvo. Good to see One is showing so many replays, hope they keep it up when the season starts.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I call it the Ansett Cup because that's how relevant it is.
    Fair cop. I just thought I was having an acid flash back for a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    The two things I thought were great to come out of the night.
    Jetstar's super goal, he looked like he was coasting after the initial first couple of steps, whilsts the Blue behind him was bustin' a gut.
    The Eski looks like he may have the magic back. Hopefully the other Dream Team/Super Coach hopefuls out there believe this :
    Super Coach Hand Book
    "BURY 'EM"
    Agree. The Eski was hot.

It looks like they want to play him down the back, so where do we put Shaw? Hope it doesn't mean Smith gets pushed out.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Agree. The Eski was hot.

It looks like they want to play him down the back, so where do we put Shaw? Hope it doesn't mean Smith gets pushed out.
    You just like the hair :OP

My first real chance to post since Saturday Night so my thoughts have probably been said one hundred times BUT werent Carlton ordinary. I mean for a team that had nine top ten draft picks in it, they looked a rabble and unless they find some forward options soon they are going to have a long season. I dont think they were missing that many names from their top squad yet they looked pretty bad and if our younger guys had really known how to push home the advantage in the latter part of the third term we could have slaughtered them.

Kudos to Jetta and Rohan for their input . Jetta gave you the feeling that he could almost have a similar impact as rioli has had at the hawks. I thought Dennis lane tried hard but would benefit form being the third forward rather than the first and Sumner didnt seem to have any real impact .

As to more established but more inexperienced guys, Currie still has a long, long way to go and I almost felt that Pykes positional play was better at times.

Doesnt Grundy look good and really has started to build that strong backmen physique needed to handle the big men of the comp.

McGlynn was good at times, Moore even looked more stocky than last year , I didnt see much of kennedy and all the usual suspects looked in good nick.

Exciting times ahead but I feel that the saints willbe a much harder proposition than carlton and we might come thudding back to earth by sunday.

Have wraps on Craig Bird as it is, but I thought he was good against the Blues. His ability to turn away from a pack and create space for himself was very good.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112