Thread: Etihad Stadium

Etihad Stadium

I am watching Cats vs Norff at Etihad. Hope the club talk to the AFL about the surface, it's a disgrace, looked like Drew Petrie pulled up an enourmous amount of sand turning around, looks really dangerous to play on, whereas the Blacktown surface looked great
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Living in 2005
    Yeah I don't get why the AFL were desperate to play on it this weekend, it needs time to recover from AC/DC. Plenty of other places in Australia for games to be held.

Turf replacement starts tomorrow so it should look much better by next weekend. Having said that the players said that at least the surface isn't shifting which is probably the bigger risk with some of the turf being replaced this week.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Turf replacement starts tomorrow so it should look much better by next weekend. Having said that the players said that at least the surface isn't shifting which is probably the bigger risk with some of the turf being replaced this week.
    *Hopes for no Swannies injuries this weekend against St Kilda*

Senior Player
    I don't get why people still like AC/DC, still.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    I don't get why people still like AC/DC, still.
    I don't get why they insist on use a cavernous arena, specifically built for sport, as a music/entertainment venue.

The Greeks and the Romans made a better fist of it, albeit for a smaller audience.

AC/DC = top band. Did'nt see them at Etihad, but saw them at the Tennis Centre for the 'Who made Who' tour. Best live performance I've seen.

They started resurfacing works on Etihad last Sunday night. I think you'll find that the ground will be in much better condition by the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    AC/DC = top band. Did'nt see them at Etihad, but saw them at the Tennis Centre for the 'Who made Who' tour. Best live performance I've seen.

They started resurfacing works on Etihad last Sunday night. I think you'll find that the ground will be in much better condition by the weekend.
    Popped my head into the joint today while walking back to the office.

You would be hard pressed to even recongise it as the same ground as last week, they have gone nuts on the relaying of the turf.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Veterans List
    Lots of ankle-twisting new turf?!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    I am watching Cats vs Norff at Etihad. Hope the club talk to the AFL about the surface, it's a disgrace, looked like Drew Petrie pulled up an enourmous amount of sand turning around, looks really dangerous to play on, whereas the Blacktown surface looked great
    Not to take too much away from the subject of Docklands, but I have to say I was gobsmacked at the quality of the surface at Blacktown. When I first got there it was still daylight (so I wasn't suckered in by seductive mood lighting!) and I went down for a good gander at it, it looked absolutely excellent.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Lots of ankle-twisting new turf?!
    The surface should be OK. When they replace turf they do it in huge chunks of well established grass, so don't think their will be too much movement.

On a side note, this topic reminds me of the day Luke 'Rhino' Sullivan hurt his knee at Waverley. When they replaced grass, they used to use the roll-up turf you would use on the front lawn at home.

No chance of that happening these days.