Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R2 NAB Cup Team Vs St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    What makes you think it wasn't serious?
    Craig just ran laps yesterday at training, so it's not too bad but not worth risking further damage for a NAB game.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Craig just ran laps yesterday at training, so it's not too bad but not worth risking further damage for a NAB game.
    Ta, that's more reassuring than a media report.

Besides we've got a surplus of talls in the backline. Teddy looks the most vulnerable, so no harm in giving him another chance to prove himself for round 1. He played OK last week.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing both Mumford and White in action on Saturday night....especially Mumford. Have we got a nickname for him yet, or are we just sticking to Mummy?
    Mount Mummy!
    I was wrong about Gerard and his hair.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by voodooguru View Post
    Mount Mummy!
    Is that a name or a suggestion!
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Mumford -> Mummy -> The Mummy -> Brendan Fraser -> Scrubs (Brendan played a character called Ben Sullivan.

So how about it?
    Scrubs and Seaby our new ruck combo? Now that's obscure.
    Muford -> Mummy -> Mummsy-wummsy -> Mummsy-wummsy-woo -> woo -> vodka and lemonade -> vodka -> Stolli -> Ab Fab -> Fab -> Crab -> Crustacean -> Lobster -> Rok Lobster -> Canberra -> Capital -> Washington -> George -> George Dubbya -> WMD -> Weapons -> Arms -> Guns -> Bradshaw

I propose he is known from now on as Bradshaw!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Ah, the well-loved game of 24 Degrees of Daniel Bradshaw

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    2 weeks in and no sign of Meredith, Vezspremi, Hanneberry, Thornton, Playfair or Johnstone. Disappointing to say the least. Another year of long term low level injuries, perhaps?
    No real concern on any of these as yet.

All of them have had small injuries and lay offs over the pre season and the club has a specific formula as to how much training they have to complete before they are allowed to play.

From all reports, all of them are running and are partaking in full contact so are close to being able to play.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    No real concern on any of these as yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post

All of them have had small injuries and lay offs over the pre season and the club has a specific formula as to how much training they have to complete before they are allowed to play.

From all reports, all of them are running and are partaking in full contact so are close to being able to play.

DST
    Thanks for that...feeling a bit better, I think
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    [FONT="Arial"] Thanks for that...feeling a bit better, I think
    From training on Thursday I saw, Hanners and Vespremi do all that was required and even ran lap races pitted against Barlow. What I surmised from that is that they wanted to see how well the boys could run against our elite runner and Hanners kept up, but Vesper was running last (although his body looked lean and trim) in both the runs. Nathan Gordon was keeping up with the leaders but no one could beat Barlow.

I also had a bit of a chat with Lewis J and he was feeling quite good, his foot is feeling better and if he can complete the running required without pain, he'll be back training with the team and out of the injury cloud.

No point risking exacerbating any current injuries for the NAB, better off trialling our healthy players for position selection and the season proper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12