Thread: Annual cursing of AFL web site

Thumbs down Annual cursing of AFL web site

The latest trick is it freezes my IE browser when I click on a story.

Question for those living outside Oz: has anyone bothered to subscribe for the Aussie Sport website? It charges US$10 a month. It's impossible to watch any video on the AFL site - I can understand the AFL protecting games coverage, but this is ridiculous.

I'm guessing it's because Telstra didn't want to carry the bandwidth cost of all those millions of AFL fans abroad watching streaming video of Andy D's press conferences.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Sweet home Novacastria
    They are showing the NAB cup games live for free. coverage actually not too bad. Ive got the swans v saints game streaming through my tv as i type. Haven't use aussie sport - i generally go to the local aussie pub and watch the downdoads

Guys, my advice is to complain to BigPond, tell them what problems you have and don't assume they know there is a problem
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

The real beef is about the international rights, which is an AFL issue, not Big Pond. and yes, I would complain to them about it but they don't have an email address on their site. I assume it's bewcuase their policy is to leave the fans to the clubs but this is really an AFL issue, not a Swans issue.

I do get to see four games each weekend during the season on the Aust Network. I'm just curious to see if anyone found the Aussie Sport subscription worthwhile.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Guys, my advice is to complain to BigPond, tell them what problems you have and don't assume they know there is a problem
    I spent an Easter two years ago trying to get my message across about my problems and how to get them fixed. The only reason I wanted to get Bigpond was so I could watch the match replays. After 5 days,days not hours, of trying and waiting in queues over the phone etc. I gave up. When my contract expires am going to switch.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine