Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swans Fan Day Sunday 7 March SCG

Swans Fan Day Sunday 7 March SCG

Can't find the original thread.

Who's going???
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Yes subject to clement weather.

I am!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Can't find the original thread.

Who's going???
    I'll be there... I also won a tour of the locker rooms with players and a coach so I'm stoked about that.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'll be there... I also won a tour of the locker rooms with players and a coach so I'm stoked about that.
    I won nothing. My nephew won a skills session (or something like that).
    Give me a ring Al. We'll hook up. Yes?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I'm going. I have a skinfold test to make....actually I may have a few.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I won nothing. My nephew won a skills session (or something like that).
    Give me a ring Al. We'll hook up. Yes?
    Absolutely...see you Sunday.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I'm going. I have a skinfold test to make....actually I may have a few.
    Do you need an assistant?

Just back; hot and sticky.

It was like a small carnival circus event. Bright sunshine, blue sky, and rocketing clouds above (timing appears to have been just right).
    Lots and lots of colour, lots of people, every single age group well represented, and little areas of fun with all the boys (bar two, Jesse and Macca) in attendance.
    All the coaching staff were introduced, the leadership group, the players, the new boys.
    Kids everywhere - lots of happy faces, many of them getting pretty red in the heat. Heaps of new caps being collected and worn,and signed.

Kids on ground with some of the players. Some blokes better at this than others. Keiran is a natural, along with Henry.
    You forget just how young some of the boys are, they even have spots!
    Vespa looks like an elite athlete. Shoulders have dropped, looks like he can run and breath at the same time now.

The new shirts cling attractively at times, and they are terrific for seeing just how developed these blokes are. (Flutter). Note: Ryan O'Conner and Plugger would have looked crap.

Some of the guys are very happy to chat, some not so (probably due to shyness, we forget they are just like us at times) - they tend to clump together like a clutch of girls going to the loo.
    Lots and lots of signatures being requested - lots of surprised faces amongst the youngest members of the team. (I often wonder if they realise that we actually do know who they are).

Note to self: take proper pen next time.
    Note to Larissa: give each of the boys one suitable for signing clothing and caps to keep for the duration.

Great interviewing up in the members stand, in three waves. We the people got to ask groups of four players and coaches various questions, nothing much censored.
    I asked John Blakey if Stuey Maxfield was indeed running this year, and he said yes! with a big grin. the others were grinning too. Looks good in green apparently. Blakes also mentioned that Stuey was really quick, which elicited some malicious laughing from the boys......looks like noone will be able to slip away from the runner this year.

Young Eggs has looked to have grown into himself rather quickly. I think he may be super competitive and knows exactly what is going to have to happen to become a REQUIRED footballer.
    They were asked about various pressures young players are under and how come we don't have the problems that other states clubs have - I cannot remember exactly who said it, but the senior players keep a tight grip on expected player behaviour. Probably send any miscreant with a note up to Stuey.
    Stuart Dew looks noice in his red outfit. I quite like him. Can't tell you specifically why.

Tadgh and Roosy were signing their books.
    Villies pies were only $2.00 with a $1.00 donated to Swans footy academy.
    Coffee could have been stronger....but that may just be me.
    Clothes on sale were terrific. this new mob have great modern designs. Got myself a hoodie. It was too hot to try it on. I expect I will probably look like a pratt, but you never know.

Mummy is gorgeous.

Bloody NicMal has shaved his head....I could murder him.
    Bradshaw is still friends with the blokes he played with, but I don't think the coaching staff will get any Christmas cards.
    There was a toddler in the room who can crawl faster than most of us can walk. Just ask his Gran.

You can get a close to full size footie on a bungie rope attached to your wrist, which allows kids to kick practice without losing the ball. Even Cheese was having a go. (Note: this is going to be a hot item for any child this season).

Thanks for the free sparkling water to go on the way out of the ground, much appreciated.
    the point was made that it has been eight years since such an even has taken place with the Swans. In my opinion that is WAY too long.

It was fun.

Would love it if next year there is a spot of kick to kick for the grown ups as well as for the kids. It would be vastly entertaining for us in the stands, as well as all those past glories being relived.

Thanks for listening to us and reintroducing this type of event.
    Last edited by Primmy; 7th March 2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: more stuff
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Bloody NicMal has shaved his head....I could murder him.
    Could have sworn he had hair last night. Maybe an early morning appointment.

Liz, it looked rough. I think this was self inflicted.

Here are some photos of the day including some from the Locker Room tour.

There's a story behind the Ciggy photo. He was coming in the other direction on the path so I raised my Camera and was going to get a decent shot. He spotted me and started running toward me. The shot was taken just a millisecond before he tackled me in a bear hug. (In my mind I am hoping there was a cute blonde inside hence the understandable reaction from Ciggy )

Photos Fan Day
    Last edited by Big Al; 7th March 2010 at 05:09 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast