Thread: Kirky's wife blog on swans website

Pushing for Selection

The Other Half blog

Has anyone been reading Hayley Kirk's blog "The Other Half" on sydneyswans.com.au?

I've found it quite an interesting read and it's regularly updated.

Beat me to it. I was going to post a thread right now. I enjoy Hayley's blogs very much. No wonder Kirky is so balanced. It is quite a double act going there. Mrs Kirky is a writer anyway, so it is doubly enjoyable to read what she has to say in good english and syntax as well as content.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Just read todays edition and she tells us he had 3k time trial and she wondered how he'd go. I was there..he went well..top 6 or so and wouldn't blow out a candle at the end, well not a big one.

On the Rookie List

Kirky's wife blog on swans website

Has anyone been reading these blogs??? Quite out there and crazy!

I love her blog, it's honest and of course "out there", can you imagine our Kirky going for a "pearl necklace"? I definitely would not think her "crazy" as she's managed to have an educated background, a successful marriage and four kids and still manages to spare us some time to write from behind the battle lines.

I find her generous, inspirational and a bloody good sort. I love the bit today about hot-cross buns, I am soooo with her on the chocolate ones!!

Happy and I know it
    Love Hayley's blog. She sounds like a great person and I wouldn't mind meeting her one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    can you imagine our Kirky going for a "pearl necklace"?
    No, though I wouldn't put it past Shane Crawford...
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Anyone see the snip on TV with Kirky and his Grandpop (nice old fella with the same facial expression of "expectation of something good" that Kirky has). It was on late at night, and I'll be blowed if I can remember exactly what it was about specifically, all I could concentrate on was how nice the love cloud around them was. That and my occasional Seniors Moment seasoned with wine.

Wonder if Hayley will b ring us up to speed on it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    We can't comment on blogs on sydneyswans.com.au but I know people from the club read this board so... I really like Hayley's pieces (I think of them as columns more than blogs), they're little slices of life and always add insight. Her writing is honest, wise and inspiring. Hayley and Brett complement each other so well...

I have to comment on her recent post will they or won't they? just before the Tigers game, for those that don't know, Viktor Frankl is the author of a famous book about psychology called 'Man's Search for Meaning'. It's about his experiences in a concentration camp during WW2 and how it shaped his theory of psychology.