How many games will Bevan play in 2010?
    a) 2
    b) 6
    c) 10
    d) 22

Hopefully 0, but realistically, 2.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Senior Player
    This may not fit in too well with the popular attitude on here, but he has trained VERY well!

I like Bevan.....I don't care what anyone says...I like him. Having coached for so long (admittedly not at a very high level,in fact at a very low level) I loved having players like him. I can remember one girl I coached who was like Bevan and she was fantastic. You could send her out and she would bust her gut doing what ever you said to the T. One game she had to play the whole attacking circle by herself and she is only tiny and she was wonderful. I hope he plays 25 games
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    This may not fit in too well with the popular attitude on here, but he has trained VERY well!
    Training well and playing well are totally different.

I think he will get game time, as he can fill gaps in the backline or forwardline.

He will be under the microscope from round 1, poor performance will see him end up in the 2's with limited chances to get back and may well see him as the first casualty in list management.

I have been a critic of him previously mainly for his poor decision making, but I like his determination and ability to lay the hard tackle or put his body on the line.
    sprite

Roosy loves him and his playing ethic, barring injury I think he'll play all 22 h & a plus 4 finals = 26

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Training well and playing well are totally different.

I think he will get game time, as he can fill gaps in the backline or forwardline.

He will be under the microscope from round 1, poor performance will see him end up in the 2's with limited chances to get back and may well see him as the first casualty in list management.

I have been a critic of him previously mainly for his poor decision making, but I like his determination and ability to lay the hard tackle or put his body on the line.
    Of course training form and game form are different. I should have pointed out that i was actually referring to practice MATCH form, not running laps etc. I have been to 3 practice matches including yesterday's tag match..four solid quarters, and Bevan has been a solid player who looks to me to be a shoo in for the 22. He's a coaches special insofar as he does what he's told.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Will play round 1.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Bevo is as tough as nails & gives it 100%, I think his only value to the Swans is as a defensive forward pocket. As a tagger he gets lost in traffic too often allowing his opponent easy possessions. In defence he loses the ball while watching his opponent. Positions in our forward line will be extremely competitive. A real positive for Swans members & sporting fans

Bevo is one of those 3 maybe 4 players (jack, bird, eski) in our team that will play every game as long as they are on form but if they dont show up for a game or two, their place is up for grabs straight away.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Roosy loves him and his playing ethic, barring injury I think he'll play all 22 h & a plus 4 finals = 26
    Don't think he'll go back any more, unless we have a long injury list, his future is up forward. I'm with you, he'll play 22 but only 3 finals, 1st Semi, Prelim, GF!

Blog Entries
    between c) and d)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast