Doggies gave a bit of a blueprint last night methinks:

1. Play on and take risks when in attack, moving it quickly can get you through the 'lyon cage';

2. Tackle like crazy and in particular put pressure on St Kilda when they have the ball in their half;

The Doggies did the above and kept the scoreboard ticking over all night, even when the Saints were dominant in patches and looked like they would take the lead. Watching this I think it really exposed the Saints attack. Apart from Riewoldt they didn't offer much - Milne was quiet and Koschitzke has been terrible, nearly every time the ball went to him the opposition had it back soon enough. Pressure on their midfield was good so midfield goals didn't make up for it.

So for rd 1 can we replicate this, recognising we are a different team with different strengths and game plan? I think we can by focusing on getting the ball quick to our key targets and defending like we know we can and can do better than the dogs. I think our biggest risk is having the game be an armwrestle all over the ground and not being able to move the ball quickly when in attach - then the saints' experience and hardbodies might beat ours.

But I'm confident we will do it. Can't bloody wait.