Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Premiership Window WIDE open.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Flag winning scenarios? It's official, we have all gone crazy.

BRING ON THE SEASON.
    Yeah, crazy we didnt mention the minor premiership we'll have wrapped up by round 16. Crazy we didnt mention the triple Goodes will win this year; Brownlow, Coleman, Norm Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by staple View Post
    Yeah, crazy we didnt mention the minor premiership we'll have wrapped up by round 16. Crazy we didnt mention the triple Goodes will win this year; Brownlow, Coleman, Norm Smith.
    I like your train of thought staple.
    No harm in being positive!
    (could all be dust in a months time)

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    add in Rohan with the Rising Star and it is going to be a great year to be a swans supporter.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Now that's crazy talk when Goodes will only win the Brownlow. Bradshaw has the Coleman in the bag, Rhyce Shaw will be the Norm Smith medallist.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I would have thought losing Hall Jolly Buchanan Barry MOL Fosdike Crouch would meant that we were firmly entrenched in the top six last year
    Yes however with the expection of Jolly none of those were really contributing much or were detrimental to the team(hall). ALso lost Ablett aswell.
    Difference is now our experienced are still playing very very good football and are rejuvinated.. Kirk, Bolton, Goodes (new role), O'keefe(new role), C Bolton, Kennelly(back from ireland) etc. Players like Mcveigh, Malceski, Seaby, Jack, Moore, Grundy, bird have been around for a few years now and with a couple of youngsters in Jetta, Rohan, TDL we have a very good mix.

if we get a few early season wins and confidence up top 4 is a real chance.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Yes however with the expection of Jolly none of those were really contributing much or were detrimental to the team(hall). ALso lost Ablett aswell.
    Difference is now our experienced are still playing very very good football and are rejuvinated.. Kirk, Bolton, Goodes (new role), O'keefe(new role), C Bolton, Kennelly(back from ireland) etc. Players like Mcveigh, Malceski, Seaby, Jack, Moore, Grundy, bird have been around for a few years now and with a couple of youngsters in Jetta, Rohan, TDL we have a very good mix.

if we get a few early season wins and confidence up top 4 is a real chance.
    I was referring to your table. I don't see how we can lose that much experience and break into the top six of your games played table

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    I was referring to your table. I don't see how we can lose that much experience and break into the top six of your games played table
    We didn't break into the top 6. I was referring to the top 6 being the same as the AFL ladder last year not the experience ladder.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

It would be good to see how we were placed last year, in terms of games played, to get a better perspective
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Thanks Brian.

Always look on the the bright side of life.
    Release Wroderick
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Well seeing as we have so much experience it will allow the melbourne media to bang on again that we are too old , too tired , too slow again etc etc etc yawn yawn yawn without having any knowledge of our list. Actually they have already jumped on the rebuilding bandwagon so again there ineptitude at having any knowledge of our list will shine through.

Meanwhile our oldest delisting from last year is the latest hit sensation and all time saviour of football in melbourne. Amazing how six months out of the game and a trip down the hume can redeem a player in the eyes of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    Release Wroderick
    Wewease Woderwick

Unfortunately i was blooded into to swans 2 years too late, i grew up in geelong and even played basketball with Jesus but never really got into footy until '07 (left geelong in '97/'98) from all my mates being swannies supporters, i have been getting more and more into footy ever since and have been lurking around this forum for a year or two before joining because i finally became a member this year! and felt i am now worthy of posting on a swans dedicated forum

I feel this is relative to the thread because i am VERY excited about this year, evidently a lot of other supporters are too because we haven't seen a team with such potential for quite some time. I love hearing everyone talk about how much experience we have lost, although it is slightly concerning how big the oven is going to need to be to be able to bake that massive pie for all the doubters/haters out there Premiership window is most definitely open!

carrrn the bloods!

Peace

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast