Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our Premiership Window WIDE open.

If experience = premiership window, we were a big failure last year.

On last year's list we would have streeted the "experience premiership" with 3678 games (Bulldogs are currently top with 3315.)

In the off-season we lost 1297 games off our list, which surely made us the biggest loser. We gained 402, mainly from Braddo and Seaby.

The point being: those who said we were old and slow were right.

(Yes, I added up the games-played figures. Very geeky and I never want to do that again. But if anyone wants to check the numbers:

Games out:
    Hall 250 Mickey O 303 Leo B 234 Jared Crouch 219 Fosdike 164 Ablett 126 Laidlaw 1

Games in:
    Braddo 222 Seaby 102 McGlynn 44 Mumford 21 Kennedy 13
    Did I miss anything?)
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    If experience = premiership window, we were a big failure last year.

On last year's list we would have streeted the "experience premiership" with 3678 games (Bulldogs are currently top with 3315.)

In the off-season we lost 1297 games off our list, which surely made us the biggest loser. We gained 402, mainly from Braddo and Seaby.

The point being: those who said we were old and slow were right.

(Yes, I added up the games-played figures. Very geeky and I never want to do that again. But if anyone wants to check the numbers:

Games out:
    Hall 250 Mickey O 303 Leo B 234 Jared Crouch 219 Fosdike 164 Ablett 126 Laidlaw 1

Games in:
    Braddo 222 Seaby 102 McGlynn 44 Mumford 21 Kennedy 13
    Did I miss anything?)
    Jolly & Buchanan.

My point is we cleaned out ALOT of experienced players that weren't contributing bar Jolly. Revitalised the list and are still the 5th most experienced team and going by the experience ladder compared to the real ladder experience seems to count for quite a bit.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We are wonderfully well placed this year and, injuries permitting, and if people play anywhere near their potential, could do anything.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    My point is we cleaned out ALOT of experienced players that weren't contributing bar Jolly. Revitalised the list and are still the 5th most experienced team and going by the experience ladder compared to the real ladder experience seems to count for quite a bit.
    I wish you made that point in your first post.

I was in Ugg's camp, wondering wtf you were talking about when you were talking of the 'top 6'.

FWIW, I think your point, now that I get it, is a very good one.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    Very clever trading and recruiting was done late last year.

Points are well made, we lost a heap of experienced players who were not really contributing when we had that late burst of form, except for Jolly in ruck and Micky's deft touches.

We gained Seaby who has looked much more capable than I thought he was (I was in the don't recruit camp) and Mummy who could be a very big plus. That could put us in the rucking elite with two quality ruckman.

We added Brdshaw (fingers crossed), White will be better this year, Goodes should be too in his new role, got new fwd options/crumbers in TDL, Rohan, McGlynn, Jack.

Defence is humming adding Tadgh, a new Eski, Grundy is the real deal, look at his job on Riewoldt and Goodes in internal games

Midfield only has Kirk nearing the end, but didn't he towel up McLean, added McGlynn, Jetta and the one I think will be very important is Kennedy, plus improvement from the exciting Hanneberry and Bird.

Is our window open? Once we gel it certainly is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123