Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Premiership Window WIDE open.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar

Our Premiership Window WIDE open.

Here's a list of the clubs ranked by experience...

1 Western Bulldogs 3315
    2 Geelong 3297
    3 Collingwood 3170
    4 St Kilda 3123
    5 Sydney 2783
    6 Adelaide 2767
    7 Brisbane 2762
    8 Fremantle 2670

9 Port Adelaide 2545
    10 Hawthorn 2526
    11 Carlton 2220
    12 Essendon 2058
    13 Melbourne 2008
    14 North Melbourne 1978
    15 West Coast 1953
    16 Richmond 1945

Interesting to see the top 6 as it was last year apart from one difference...us.

I firmly believe we have the right mix of experience and youth and given it's roosy's last year we are really going to be up there challenging for top 4. From there, with the double chance...anything is possible
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Blog Entries
    Thanks Brian.

Always look on the the bright side of life.

What are the ratings based on?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Veterans List
    How about a Swans-Dogs GF? Swans up by four points after Baz and Bradshaw go goal for goal. Ten seconds left when Baz marks 30 m out directly in front - and kicks a behind. Siren, joy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    What are the ratings based on?
    I'm guessing games played.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    How about a Swans-Dogs GF? Swans up by four points after Baz and Bradshaw go goal for goal. Ten seconds left when Baz marks 30 m out directly in front - and kicks a behind. Siren, joy.
    How about scores level with the Dogs going into attack. Baz gives a free kick away and then a 50m for verbal abuse and then another 50m for belting someone. The siren goes and Craig Bolton puts it through for the win.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    How about scores level with the Dogs going into attack. Baz gives a free kick away and then a 50m for verbal abuse and then another 50m for belting someone. The siren goes and Craig Bolton puts it through for the win.
    Or Baz gives away free kick with 20 seconds to go, craig dishes it off to kennelly, who goes for a huge run, dishes off to Jetta, back to Kennelly, who slams it home from 50. siren sounds. the greatest irish jig of all time follows.

Flag winning scenarios? It's official, we have all gone crazy.

BRING ON THE SEASON.
    -

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by staple View Post
    Or Baz gives away free kick with 20 seconds to go, craig dishes it off to kennelly, who goes for a huge run, dishes off to Jetta, back to Kennelly, who slams it home from 50. siren sounds. the greatest irish jig of all time follows.
    This is can picture, Irish peeling off after the kick, riding it home, willing it to bend back which it just does and this time its stacks-on Jetstar.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I would have thought losing Hall Jolly Buchanan Barry MOL Fosdike Crouch would meant that we were firmly entrenched in the top six last year

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Flag winning scenarios? It's official, we have all gone crazy.

BRING ON THE SEASON.
    It's not too silly. The Swans pushed both Grand Finalists late last season and we look to be a better team this year. Good mix of experience and enthusiasm and proven coaches with something to prove. It could be 2003 again. I just look at the Captain's poll and wonder who it is that knows what we have to offer - going for Goodes for the Brownlow, Bradshaw for the Coleman and Swans for the finals?

If you take how chronically underrated we we are, you'd have to take our 8-10 as potential to push for Top 4. The big worry will be if the forward line doesn't gel or the kids get tired at the end of a long season.

I really believe Bradshaw is the secret weapon. Failing a flag, I'd love to see him ahead of Baz - and Fev - in goals for the season. The ideal would be both events.

Hey, not saying it couldn?t happen, although in 2003 I do recall heartbreak out at Homebush, but how it is going to happen i believe is a sign that you need to spend the next 8 days in Bedlam.
    -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast