Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesse White - Not the new Hall

He'll have to whack a few guys before he can be called the new Hall.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    He'll have to whack a few guys before he can be called the new Hall.
    Whilst he obviously isn't shy of contact, and I have seen him lay some big tackles, I do distinctly recall seeing him pull out of a big hit that he was about to lay on someone last year and to me it looked to be because he clearly realized there was going to be little result from it than to be laying the hit- and I thought that was pretty good, and a little un-Hall like, at the time.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Only a moron would call him the new Hall. He may play at the same end of the ground, but that is where the similarity ends. With his height, I would compare him more to Paul Salmon when he played up forward at Essendon before he did his knee. Fast, tall and a good kick for goal.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    girlfriend came back with a coffee and the paper this morning while i was in bed, i thought straight away "god i hope there is something about the swannies in it!" and was pleasantly surprised/satisfied
    Peace, was it her coffee and her paper, which you were able to sneak a peak of. Or did she actually get out of bed, just to get you the paper and a coffee?

Your a lucky man, if its the former.

I wouldn't of dared ask my lovely ex-wife for a coffee and the paper, while I slept in.

she went for a swim down at coogee and came back with the paper and coffee without me saying anything, she knows me too well

on the topic of white though, i saw him down at churasco's in coogee at a table near me... he probably ate more meat than our whole table did haha for a guy as massive as he is to be able to move so well, he is going to become a huge weapon for the swans.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Only a moron would call him the new Hall. He may play at the same end of the ground, but that is where the similarity ends. With his height, I would compare him more to Paul Salmon when he played up forward at Essendon before he did his knee. Fast, tall and a good kick for goal.
    More like Franklin than Hall. Big,fast and athletic.
    SYDNEY SWANS.....THE GREATEST FOOTBALL CLUB IN LIVING MEMORY.

Good one bear, I agree with you. He is more Franklin than Hall.

I am waiting for the time when we start comparing other players to Jesse; The new Jesse White. I think he may be unique by the time he has finished his career, if he keeps at it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can we never compare him to Salmon again? He's meant to be our power forward of the future, something that Salmon wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Can we never compare him to Salmon again? He's meant to be our power forward of the future, something that Salmon wasn't.
    I assume you missed the phrase "before he did his knee"? He had kicked 63 goals in the 12 games in the season befoire he did his knee. I'd be happy if White could kick 60+ goals in 12 games.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

On the veteran's list
    Salmon was a gun at full forward but he was much taller than JW. he was about 6'10'' in the old.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

I was actually thinking of the Hawthorn Salmon, I don't recall him kicking bags of goals for them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast