Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesse White - Not the new Hall

Jesse White - Not the new Hall

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/h...0320-qn2s.html

I suppose 40 odd goals and more consistency is what we can hope for. Sounds like he is now learning it comes from hard work
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

It's got a big lotus behind it and the meaning is that there's a new beginning in my life.
    It sounds like he is more into his captains thinking than his predecessor was.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Whether or not he's the new Barry Hall, he has to be seen as part of our next premiership team. He is very talented and we must ensure we don't lose him.

what is his contract status. I would have thought Gold Coast would have been all over him?

He just re-signed for three years, so the Gold Coast won't get their hands on him - at least not initially!
    Go you mighty BLOODBOYS!

I really enjoyed that article. It is good to hear that he is starting to mature into a confident and determined figure and lose some of the youthful bravado. For a guy his size, he moves very very well. He has all the physical attributes to succeed and from here, I think his improvement will come from becoming a better reader of the play.

For what it is worth, I think he will kick 50 + goals if played as a lead up full forward and works out how to make that work with Bradshaw. With Goodes floating around and drawing a tall, If they are given space to lead out in different directions, I pity opposition backlines this year.

Oh and I know Roos has to keep a lid on it, but for once it would be nice to hear him say...'Yeah, I fully expect Jesse to tear the AFL apart this year.'
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

I think you will find that Jesse is more Sydney town oriented than Surfers Paradise.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Good article. Roos has also said that Jesse has the explosive start that the best leading forwards have. He (J) is one of the main reasons I'm surprised we're still under the radar for many Melbourne scribes: they saw what he's capable of in the last games last year.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

The thing that bugs me is that the Dream Team mobsters have him as a ruckman. Que? Doesn't anyone do their homework?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

girlfriend came back with a coffee and the paper this morning while i was in bed, i thought straight away "god i hope there is something about the swannies in it!" and was pleasantly surprised/satisfied

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    The thing that bugs me is that the Dream Team mobsters have him as a ruckman. Que? Doesn't anyone do their homework?
    Yeah that sucks, I wanted Big Jesse White in the forward line and Mumford in the ruck. Didn't want to have two young swans in my ruck so I had to ditch Mumford. =(

He really seems happy being a Swan and he wants to succeed with this club. That's great news for us!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast