Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kirk to Swans fans: Get set to be surprised

Kirk to Swans fans: Get set to be surprised

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...0320-qn2t.html

Bevan to the midfield? The headline is really curious
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

I think everyone thinks that the swans are going to be crap this year. Apart from me and a few of you that is.

I wouldn't be surprised at anything they conjure up. I quite solidly think we will be in the top eight, I have no problem with that. I think MOD is going to play a blinder year. I think Bevo to the forward line is genius - he will be a great protector. Dennis-Lane and Jetta will perhaps surprise themselves, but maybe not Dennis-Lane, he appears to know exactly where he is at.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I'm absolutely pumped for this season- we will suprise a lot of teams imo and I think we should be hoping for a minimum of top 8. As usual the Melbourne media have us written off (Even in 05-06 they liked doing that), but we will have a good year I think. Just can't wait for Saturday now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I'm absolutely pumped for this season- we will suprise a lot of teams imo and I think we should be hoping for a minimum of top 8. As usual the Melbourne media have us written off (Even in 05-06 they liked doing that), but we will have a good year I think. Just can't wait for Saturday now!!!
    Yes, this is very true again. Absolutely annoys the crap out of me each and every time this happens. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait till about rounds 15-16 when we are ensconsed(sp?) in the top 8(or dare I say top 4?) for most of the 'Melbourne' footy journos to come out and say that the swans are 'the real thing' this year. Thats what usually happened in the other years.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Yes, this is very true again. Absolutely annoys the crap out of me each and every time this happens. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait till about rounds 15-16 when we are ensconsed(sp?) in the top 8(or dare I say top 4?) for most of the 'Melbourne' footy journos to come out and say that the swans are 'the real thing' this year. Thats what usually happened in the other years.
    Doesn't bother me. Only makes me more optimistic about the season. Blokes like Gary Lyon and Robert Walls don't watch that much footy, so I don't value their opinion.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Haven't been this pumped for a season in yonks.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Doesn't bother me. Only makes me more optimistic about the season. Blokes like Gary Lyon and Robert Walls don't watch that much footy, so I don't value their opinion.
    Agree. After 2005, I take absolutley NO NOTICE to what robert walls says! Gary Lyon knows his stuff IMHO, but there is no surprise once again in being written off by theses so called 'experts'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    I am really looking forward to this season. I am always optimistic but for the past two years it was a false optimism, this year I think we are going to shake the competition up and give a big raspberry to the Melbourne "experts" who write us off every year. Go the Swans!!!!!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I'm excited, but it's a more grounded excitement - I'm just looking forward to seeing what the new guys can do, because we've recruited really well considering the position we've been in. It's like... you just know that Jetta and Rohan are going to be good players. And the Swans' system is going to give them the foundation they need.

I'm exactly the same. It will be a great season.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Senior Player
    Same!!

I share the same guarded optimism as Xie Shan; I think we will be exciting, but I think our results will be inconsistent. Will be happy to sneak into the 8. Anything more is a massive bonus.
    C'mon Chels!

Veterans List
    I'm more positive than that. I have so much faith in our coaching staff that I expect they will send a well-disciplined team out on Saturday that will match the best teams throughout the season. I don't think teaching a bunch of new players the Swans' style will be anywhere as hard as holding a team together in 2009 when some players were on their last legs and the spearhead up forward was either spitting the dummy, letting the team down with missed marks and missed kicks and getting suspended so 22+25,000 were nervous throughout every single game.

After Baz left we could see that there was the start of a good team in there but I reckon they really needed a whole preseason to get the team to gel. Missing finals (when we weren't going to do anything anyway) was a blessing.

And tomorrow night we launch our secret weapon up forward. How exciting will it be when when the scoreboard shows "GOAL-SWANS Bradshaw"? I'll be on my feet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast