Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Blakey: Bradshaw will play this week

  1. #1
    Fatal error: Allowed memo undy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lane Cove
    Posts
    1,231

    Blakey: Bradshaw will play this week

    Or so he says here...

    although he goes on to say "hopefully" later on. My DT forwards line-up is like the NSW government's public transport "policy".
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

  2. #2
    On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Or so he says here...

    although he goes on to say "hopefully" later on. My DT forwards line-up is like the NSW government's public transport "policy".
    Bradshaw's not good value for dream team
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

  3. #3
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,265
    Up to nine new players lining up!

  4. #4
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    15,534
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Up to nine new players lining up!
    AFL Tables - Match Stats - Sydney v St Kilda - 01-Aug-2009

    IMHO
    Out: Ablett, Barlow, Bird, Crouch, Hannebery, Jolly, Moore, O'Loughlin, Pyke
    In: Bradshaw, Jetta, Kennedy, Kennelly, McGlynn, Malceski, Mumford, Richards, Seaby

  5. #5
    On the Rookie List Jewels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Copacabana
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    AFL Tables - Match Stats - Sydney v St Kilda - 01-Aug-2009

    IMHO
    Out: Ablett, Barlow, Bird, Crouch, Hannebery, Jolly, Moore, O'Loughlin, Pyke
    In: Bradshaw, Jetta, Kennedy, Kennelly, McGlynn, Malceski, Mumford, Richards, Seaby
    I agree with your choices Ugg and I reckon that's a much, much stronger line up then last years.

  6. #6
    Lifer! Molly dooker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South east sydney
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    AFL Tables - Match Stats - Sydney v St Kilda - 01-Aug-2009

    IMHO
    Out: Ablett, Barlow, Bird, Crouch, Hannebery, Jolly, Moore, O'Loughlin, Pyke
    In: Bradshaw, Jetta, Kennedy, Kennelly, McGlynn, Malceski, Mumford, Richards, Seaby

    I agree with nearly all of your offerings above with one exception. I know that "Cheese" has been inconsistent in the past but if you look at the stats you provided, he had some really good numbers. I know that we all love Teddy, but maybe that might be a change that I would personally like to see tested, especially with his elite running at the moment. "Cheese" runs, tackles, kicks goals and is pretty bloody tall and needs a go to prove his spot in the side. I just don't see how we can pass up the opportunity to let himself prove his worth.

    It's amazing what names/players we can't get in the side, e.g. Rohan, Hanners, Moore (who had a good pre-season) TDL, etc. What to do, oh what to do. It's so hard at the moment I am sure we all agree at the moment as we haven't been spoilt like this for years.

    4 sleeps to go til we find out what Roo's and his team come up with. BRING IT.

  7. #7
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    15,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    I agree with nearly all of your offerings above with one exception. I know that "Cheese" has been inconsistent in the past but if you look at the stats you provided, he had some really good numbers. I know that we all love Teddy, but maybe that might be a change that I would personally like to see tested, especially with his elite running at the moment. "Cheese" runs, tackles, kicks goals and is pretty bloody tall and needs a go to prove his spot in the side. I just don't see how we can pass up the opportunity to let himself prove his worth.
    I didnt' have Barlow in my ins/outs based on the fact that he didn't play in the last NAB Challenge match (from a squad of 24) and Roos pretty much came out and said if you didn't play in the match you were unlikely to make Round 1 (with the exception of Big Bad Bustling Danny Bradshaw)

  8. #8
    pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast NSW, Costa Lantana
    Posts
    6,836
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    ... Big Bad Bustling Danny Bradshaw ...
    Now there's some food for thought! And I was thinking he would be Daniel 'Magic' Bradshaw.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

  9. #9
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Terrigal (SCG - Bay 32)
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    "Cheese" ... tackles.
    Does he?

    This is the one major let down with him, for mine, he never seems to go in to a tackling situation with the idea to wrap them up. He goes in for a half-hearted bump, that is not really effective at all. Not really part of the Bloods ethos, to not have the ability to tackle.

    I had a bit of a go at him when he was warming up along the sidelines last season, "You're soft, Barlow!!" Where it quickly became abundantly apparent that it was self-belief that he was lacking. I felt terrible. "Good job, Barlow!!"
    C'mon Chels!

  10. #10
    pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast NSW, Costa Lantana
    Posts
    6,836
    Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    ... I had a bit of a go at him when he was warming up along the sidelines last season, "You're soft, Barlow!!" Where it quickly became abundantly apparent that it was self-belief that he was lacking. I felt terrible. "Good job, Barlow!!"
    This is how I see him too, and his record run sounds partly like a response to encouragement (as well as sheer ability). I hope the coaches and team members find a way to keep the self-belief growing, because (to my mind) the raw ability is there.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

  11. #11
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,164
    Just did the poll on the Swans page as to who would kick the first goal against St Kilda - no Bradshaw in the choices!!

  12. #12
    Veterans List Bas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Gosford - Central Coast
    Posts
    4,457
    Just watching Marngrook Footy Show for first time. It's pretty good.

    They showed Swans injury list and had Bradshaw 2 weeks. All tipped Capt Sooky lala's team to beat the Swans.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO