Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary Rohan - I'm not Lewis Jetta, Jetta to debut

Im waiting for Lewis Roberts-Johnston not Lewis Roberts-Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    It's been the highlight of the off-season.
    Are we there yet??
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Telegraph is still relegating us to dribs and drabs about 10 pages in from the back. It's such a Rugby League paper that it drives me nuts sometimes, they seem to intentionally on occasion look for the sordid news on AFL and forget it's AFL fans and their desperation for anything to do with the Swans....
    Well the DT is owned by News Ltd, who own half the NRL.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Are we there yet??
    Don't you start!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Are we there yet??
    Three more sleepies.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Roos on Jetta:
    he's played the roles we've wanted him to play and that's why he's very much the chance to play.
    It's an interesting little point. No matter how well / poorly a player might appear to play during a game, it's difficult to assess unless we know what role he was given by the coaching staff. A pity (for the interested fan) that we do not get full disclosure after a match (although it is perfectly understandable).

Hearing candid recordings of coaches, ala Barassi's old "Healy off, Ellingworth on..." rant, would make great listening for a fan, although such recordings are so few and far between. How great would it be if in a few years time we got the option to hear the audio from the coaches box rather than listen to the commentary team during matches (even an edited version on the Bluray / DVDs would be great). It would probably net the AFL a few more million each year for the broadcast rights.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    How great would it be if in a few years time we got the option to hear the audio from the coaches box rather than listen to the commentary team during matches (even an edited version on the Bluray / DVDs would be great).
    I bags listening to Rodney Eade's - I think it'd increase my vocabulary.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Parkin's would be interesting too.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I'm waiting for the "Trent Dennis-Lane - I'm not Lewis Roberts-Thompson" thread.....
    Followed by "Connolly - I'm not Paul Bevan's dad"

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I bags listening to Rodney Eade's - I think it'd increase my vocabulary.
    Until he brakes the microphone (along with everthing else around him) in frustration.
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    Hearing candid recordings of coaches, ala Barassi's old "Healy off, Ellingworth on..." rant, would make great listening for a fan, although such recordings are so few and far between. How great would it be if in a few years time we got the option to hear the audio from the coaches box rather than listen to the commentary team during matches (even an edited version on the Bluray / DVDs would be great). It would probably net the AFL a few more million each year for the broadcast rights.
    I remember Foxtel showing one of Brisbanes' grand finals (maybe 03?) from Mathews coaching box, I don't think there we're any edits at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12