Thread: Swans Morning News

Blog Entries

Swans Morning News

SYDNEY coach Paul Roos says the decision to ignore trade target Brendan Fevola help reinvent the Swans' list, then delivered Daniel Bradshaw for free.

Roos will unveil a new-look Sydney against grand finalist St Kilda, saying he has recruited three years worth of talent in the off-season.

But while the club ultimately picked up five mature-aged recruits and boom kids Gary Rohan and Lewis Jetta, it could not have happened if Fevola was the focus.

Despite the rumours, Roos said yesterday the Swans were never interested in Fevola last October
    Brendan Fevola snub helps Sydney Swans | Herald Sun

SHANE Mumford has surprised people his entire career, so joining Sydney would seem a perfect fit for the big ruckman.

Mumford is one of six new faces in the Swans side for tonight's match against St Kilda at ANZ Stadium and much like his own notable weight-loss story, Mumford is confident his new club can turn heads this season.

"I think we're going to surprise a lot of teams this year," said Mumford, who shed 20kg in 2007-08 to transform himself himself from VFL toiler to AFL ruckman.

"I think we're an underrated side and I think we're going to come out this year and really have an impact."
    Shane Mumford on song already | Herald Sun

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The times they are a changin' according to Craig Bolton

Craig Bolton looks forward to the new season

Bob Dylan put it best. The times they are a changin'. The same can be said about this year's Swans, although usually it's put in less poetic terms - ''restructuring'', ''in transition'', ''rebuilding''. Whichever way you look at it, the message is the same - our team is changing.

Veteran Site Admin
    I really liked the Bolton one. He's not saying anything we haven't heard a zillion times this off-season but he writes very well.

Blog Entries
    If the Swans beat St Kilda tonight at ANZ Stadium, keep an eye on the TV when the team gathers to sing the club song. Chances are you may see some Britney Spears impersonations.

Don't look for the school uniform-wearing, Baby One More Time Britney, but the lip-syncing Britney. The Swans will field six new faces in tonight's match - Lewis Jetta, Daniel Bradshaw, Josh Kennedy, Ben McGlynn, Mark Seaby and Shane Mumford - plus an Irishman in Tadhg Kennelly who hasn't sung the song for more than 18 months, so it's not surprising there are some concerns about how fervent the club song will be sung if the Swans beat the Saints.
    The Swans will field six new faces tonight
    Last edited by ScottH; 27th March 2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Ugg beat me to the Bolton one.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I'd like to hear more from B2 - perceptive, nice wry humour, a whiff of how life is going in the team - all you'd want from the horse's mouth. (I dare say in due course we'll get the Horse's mouth too.)
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I'd like to hear more from B2 - perceptive, nice wry humour, a whiff of how life is going in the team - all you'd want from the horse's mouth. (I dare say in due course we'll get the Horse's mouth too.)

Gold di, absolute gold,.....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Barry "Britney" Hall did a beauty after the NAB GF. It was funny.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.