Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 V St. Kilda - Game Thread

Blog Entries
    Back line was better in the last.
    It would want to be after the Roos spray. Thought it was Rocket there for a moment.
    I think Marty is better when running out of defence.

Took Goodes and Mcveigh a while to get into the game.
    But when they did they were all class.

Kennelly got plenty of it but missed his target too many times.

Ruck duo seemed to do OK.
    Need to hold there marks and kick better. Took Jolly a while to come on in that area too.

WHY wasn't Jetta given some time ion the fwd line. He did his best work up there in the NAB cup.
    Did OK, just.

Good to see that not only the same game plen is being used, but the delivery to the forwards is still as awful.

Some good signs, though. Only 8 points down against a one of the top team in the comp.
    Lots of improvement to come.

And who's looking forward to Round 2???
    It's only the crows in AAMI.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Maybe, just maybe, Roosy is right when he said it would take few weeks for the team to "gel".
    I am not to dissappointed with the result.
    There were plenty of promising aspects of the game, not the least of which being the we should be able to play a lot better than that.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Did I say that? Seeing as I didn't even suggest that, I presume you are being literal.
    It did appear you were saying that.

On the Rookie List
    All I can say is...

I'm glad I'm not a Saints supporter...

I hate to sound like I'm jumping on the "it's all the umps' fault" thing, but man, there were some dodgy calls there. That said, there were also moments we could've been a little more tight. One more behind-or-bounce-off-the-pole spree of kicks in a row, and I'll ... I'll ... um ... fuss. I was in a housefull of friends having to embarrasingly describe the Swans as 'the team that couldn't kick straight'."

Also hate to do the 'OK. we lost but not too bad' thing - but really, we held our own against St Kilda. A win would've been far sweeter, but ...

Hope Roos is right, and we gel soon.

On the Rookie List
    Yuri H,

I don't think the umps were crap. But it did hurt that the niggly ones against the swans = goals against a side that apparently couldn't miss for most of the game...

It seems to me perfectly reasonable that having that many new comers to the side will require a bit to get used to. When you compare our situation with that of the losing grand finalists, there seems to be a very good reason for the Swans and their supporters to be really happy and not much of a reason for the Saints or their fans to feel comfortable.

Senior Player
    Going to be an interesting year...but first things first. Goodesy is not a good starter in seasons past. On tonight's showing, get on him fast for his third Charlie!

Opti-pessi-misti
    Thank goodness for Adam Goodes. Not only did he assist in many of the Swans goals but provided some highlights as well. I was a bit disappointed with Jesse White's efforts, he seemed very one-dimensional, did he bend down to pick up the ball at all?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    You didn't need to, you're sooking enough while we're holding our own against a top 2 side. We didn't even make the 8 last year, what are you expecting exactly? If you can't argue a point, try not to resort to cheap personal insults.
    I didn't need to because I didn't say it. Using sarcasm as a means of a cheap put down is just that, cheap. I don't apologise for being disappointed. I expected a win not mediocrity, which you seem to think it okay.

Different culture I guess.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

On the Rookie List
    He was sensational, wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Q... View Post
    Yuri H,

I don't think the umps were crap. But it did hurt that the niggly ones against the swans = goals against a side that apparently couldn't miss for most of the game...

It seems to me perfectly reasonable that having that many new comers to the side will require a bit to get used to. When you compare our situation with that of the losing grand finalists, there seems to be a very good reason for the Swans and their supporters to be really happy and not much of a reason for the Saints or their fans to feel comfortable.
    A win and 4 points will please them. I wonder if they will put a request to play Sydney in round one in 2011.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Q... View Post
    Yuri H,

I don't think the umps were crap.

You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!

Lets start with three goals to Saints through free kicks where Grundy was simply contesting the ball. The one on Kosi Reg didn't even touch his opponent!!!!! It is a disgrace that such free kicks are awarded where the defender is simply contesting the ball. Did fair hair Nick get ANY free kick against him

Next, Goodes held without the ball in front of goal. No free kick!!

Next, Bradshaw's touched behind that really was a goal.

Next, the vicious from behind attack on Kennelly near the end of the game, where a mark was nevertheless taken by him. If EVER a fifty metre should have been taken....But no.

I could go on and on but I am too angry.

Sorry mate, but in my 14 years of following the Swans that is THE WORSE lost I have ever seen due to bad umpiring. Beats the Essendon lost at the SCG back in 2007, as well as the Eagles Qualifying Finals lost in Perth in 2005. THE WORSE!!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast