Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Rules

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar

New Rules

I hadn't picked it up in the pre-season, but apparently a backman can now be penalised for attempting to raise an eyebrow with suspected intent of exhaling on the arms of a forward. It's a shame this rule wasn't in place in the 2002-2009 seasons. If it had been, BBBBH may have kicked 500+ goals a season (assuming a 67% accuracy rate). Instead, he was usually done for shepherding or dissent for protesting at being sodomised by a defender who was simultaneously hitting with an axe.

By the way, if Mattner lungeing into Riewoldt was a free, why wasn't Riewoldt's lunge into Mattner 2.4 seconds earlier a free?
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I hadn't picked it up in the pre-season, but apparently a backman can now be penalised for attempting to raise an eyebrow with suspected intent of exhaling on the arms of a forward. It's a shame this rule wasn't in place in the 2002-2009 seasons. If it had been, BBBBH may have kicked 500+ goals a season (assuming a 67% accuracy rate). Instead, he was usually done for shepherding or dissent for protesting at being sodomised by a defender who was simultaneously hitting with an axe.

By the way, if Mattner lungeing into Riewoldt was a free, why wasn't Riewoldt's lunge into Mattner 2.4 seconds earlier a free?
    Wasn't it Grundy? But the question stands.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post

Haha, funny.
    Riewoldt is untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Wasn't it Grundy? But the question stands.
    I thought so too, but in the replay it was clearly Mattner.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Haha, funny.
    Riewoldt is untouchable.
    Wowee, reiwoldt got all of his goals from 50-50 decisions that were never awarded to the swans forwards up at the other end. He gets every possible free kick in the game, and im not saying that they werent there and the umpires were wrong. They were BIASED to the blonde bimbo! McVeigh gets smacked in the back ON the ball, no free kick. 20 seconds later down the ground Reiwoldt gets a bump and its a free. Inconsistent. Game changing. Kennelly is literally (jokes) killed after taking a mark and no fifty is paid.....Goddard runs 45 degrees off his mark and he gets a 50 metre penalty. Well thats fair!!!!!

p.s. Now we have to lose to Adelaide AGAIN. So much for the fast start to the season. Not to sound pessimistic. But its true.

Riewault is pushed by Mattner after he was pushed by Nick R & Free to Nick R. Grundy makes a good spoil free to Nick R. Kositski gets hit during a marking contest & a free to Justin. Adam Goodes is held in a contest not only once but three times no free. Bradshaw brought down in the contest no free. White constantly pushed in the back no free. It may have come to your attention that we are a bottom 8 side from last year & subsequently are being treated as a bottom side. Essendon got ravaged by the umps. There were so many incidents tonight that didn't go our way that I think I will give up on the Umps as they are corrupt. I wonder if all the hype from Demitreau has finnally won its way to the Umps. I Think it has

Come on Mattner is an eperienced AFL player it was idiotic to retatliate the way he did. just plain DUMB!

Veteran Site Admin
    I don't know if it is the umpires fault or the rule makers. Take the free where Grundy momentarily held Riewoldt back on his lead in the final quarter. Technically it was there, though Riewoldt still managed to lead and get to the ball. Problem is, Goodes was being similarly retarted all night by Gwilt. If one is going to be paid, they all need to be. Except that would make for a goddam awful game.

I am still scratching my head over why Riewoldt and Koschitske got frees in front of goal in the first quarter, though I also thought Moore's one (from which he kicked a point) was about as soft as they come, and the 50m penalty to Malceski was pathetic.

We did get quite a lot of cheap - sometimes bewildering - frees in the final quarter, especially the last 5-10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Come on Mattner is an eperienced AFL player it was idiotic to retatliate the way he did. just plain DUMB!
    maybe. but the decision was pathetic. it was a simple case of milking a free.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    I have to agree and also then getting suckered into going over the mark was not his finest moment. However, he did nail that the next goal which kept us in it.
    Roos will have plenty on the "Highlight reel" to walk through with Gieschen this week.

Time for the Crap To Stop

I think Paul Roos was right in his outburst against the Umps last year & against the outburst of Dimetreau the year we won the flag. The problem with all of this is that the Umps & especially some senior umps get a bit pissed off & remember as happened tonight. They also do give some players a good go as in Riewoldt, Kositski, Ablett, Judd, all good players & not in need of the Umps whistle to help their cause. Adam Goodes also last year got a good go but a year is a long time in footy & this year the go is no preferance for the Swans. We were robbed tonight but we also robbed ourselves as if we can't beat the Ump & the other side we will never win a premiership as we did in 2005. Get O'dwyer & Rohan into the side now!!! We lacked speed at crucial times tonight! We also lacked players that were willing to pick up their opponents especially midfielders. Jude Bolton is a wonderful trier but lacks some vital skills, Craig Bolton made some horrific errors tonight, not like him at all ( except last season he made some clangers), LRT is a great trier but probably not in the best we can produce in the future. Shaw had a forgettable game tonight & his delivery was woeful as was Kennelly & LRT & C. Bolton. If your backline is in delivery hell then the whole side is up the @@@@. For gods sake get the f'ing ball out a bit quicker!! Kennelly was slow, he looked this way then that then gave it up! Get some new blood & get rid of the @@@@ ups

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    We did get quite a lot of cheap - sometimes bewildering - frees in the final quarter, especially the last 5-10 minutes.
    Yeah, we did, didn't we? Can we put in a plea to have more dodgy ones paid in our 50?

Its Ko@@@@ski (I've been censored!, Kofeaceski maybe?)

It was the first game for the team and you can't be too critical of the players. Once again Lyons outsmarts Roos. One more time to go yet.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast